Torsion axle on a trailer

Bad324

Torsion suspension is awesome. Just don't overload it.

Excellent, I'm guessing 90% of its use will be hauling motorcycles but if I end up not having a truck at some point in the near future it will also haul misc home improvement stuff as well as be a moving trailer when needed

Torsion axle allows you to typically run the frame closer to the ground and they cost more. I was going to make a low rider trailer with then once but didn't have enough money for that axle .

Edited by Gump

• 2 weeks later...

I hear the Dexter torsion axles are great. I have dexter axle with a leaf spring, it is ok. The advantage of a torsion axle is that your trailer tires are usually not balanced torsion axle take care of that and reduce the vibration of the the conventional leaf springs.

I hear the Dexter torsion axles are great. I have dexter axle with a leaf spring, it is ok. The advantage of a torsion axle is that your trailer tires are usually not balanced torsion axle take care of that and reduce the vibration of the the conventional leaf springs.

Where'd this guy come from? :D

I have no idea what brand they may be. The guy I got it from just said they were torsion axles. It was cold and snowy the day I picked it up and I stashed it in the back of our yard here at work so I haven't even pulled it out to see yet. Once it starts to warm up and I get some free time, I have to sand it down and paint it...it was the one thing he didn't do when he built it