125cc mini chopper-can anyone help me out?

BIG-ERN

Ok so I've got a 125cc mini chopper. It's a gas motor with 4 speed foot shift pretty kool toy for my 9 yr old son. So it gets stolen and about a year and a half later we get it back on Christmas Day of all days But... Now it won't start. I got it started twice and it runs for 5 mins or so I shut it off and no start now. Got some gas leaking out the fuel shut off switch and the ignitions gone. Luckily has a kick start but won't start. Anyone around the Fairfield area know anything about these small motors? My son is dying to ride it he don't care snow rain whatever but I'm havin a hard time. Just got starter fluid to try to get it started but its been cold out so please somebody give me some good news lol

Those generally have cheap piece of shit Chinese motors. If fuel is leaking out of the petcock I would suggest replacing it with something from AutoZone. If by 'the ignition is gone' you mean the switch and it was hotwired, I would chase down the connections the scumbags made. Thieves are shitty electricians.

If you mean that you have no spark when you should (all switches are on etc) then I would first chase connections back from the coil and check continuity in your wiring. If you have spark and still no fire I would look towards the carbs.

Let us know.

These should help you find a few parts.

http://www.chinesemotoparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&pType=CHOPPER-PARTS&cPath=158_205&zenid=2c5ed5afee5ab416bf5c195c86b2a037

http://www.ezatvparts.com/mini-chopper-parts/110cc-mini-chopper-parts.html

Start with figuring out what they did to the wiring. Then check for spark and most likely put a new spark plug in it, maybe have a spare around incase it gets fouled while trying to get it to run.

Use the starting fluid sparingly, its not good for motors as it washes away the oil on the cylinder wall.

They tipped out the key part to the ignition. Now not so bad because it has a kick start. But that means the wires are screwed to a point and they took the battery so no electrical works,horn lights none of that. I am getting spark and I have gotten it fired up and running but after I shut it off couldn't get it fired back up. Poss bad gas in it as well?? But it fired ran and then wouldn't fire. Shitty cuz on Xmas day I surprised the kid with it and he was soooo happy but now he can't ride. He just wants to ride like his dad and my buddies. I also Thot because of gravity feed to the carb. Maybe when it's running it won't leak as bad or at all. But there's a choke lever on the carb as well as a switch on the bars but its been so long I forget which is which. I just want it running for the poor kid by spring. I just had another baby and am having to fix a Trans in my regal so money is tight or I'd just pay someone to fix it but I like doin things myself. With help of course lol. I'm thinking next warm day instead of me riding ill get the starter fluid out and see if it'll fire to give my boy a chance to run it around the yard. The dam thing does 60mph and even with me on it at 230lbs it'll do 40-45. Fun little toy but hope to get it goin. I'm starting a bike club up with at least 10 ppl so far in so maybe when it's warmer we can get it goin just figured I'd ask on here cuz a lot of you guys know your stuff. So thanks to anyone for words of knowledge or guesses on here. Thanks fellas