Looking for work...

dustinsn3485

So I guess I am making a serious effort to move back to Ohio. I think I'd really like to end up in the Columbus area and find something with a good solid dependable company.

My background is in metal fabrication, press brakes, shear, saw, turrets, laser, a bit of mill work...anyone have a recommendation or know of any places hiring. I'm going to consider myself entry level still, about 3 years experience. I'd like to find something with similar skills, or get into some entry level programming, quality control work, etc.

Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Cool, come back home! Cbus though? :puke:

I couldn't go back to Tipp right now, there's nothing to do there...except raise a family. I need the social activities and downtown to act a fool. Unless you can get me a job, then I'll renegotiate...

I couldn't go back to Tipp right now, there's nothing to do there...except raise a family. I need the social activities and downtown to act a fool. Unless you can get me a job, then I'll renegotiate...

Where big Joe and I work they are starting a night shift starting at 8pm. If you have enough experience I'm sure they'd give you a job. We are overwhelmed with work. Maybe him and I can help you get on if you'd like or at least get an interview. He only works 3 days though because he has his own gun shop.

Edited by NinjaNick

Pm sent

I'll do that, just for giggles.

Not digging Nashville?

Ya know, Nashville is pretty bad ass. I can't complain about the city and I'll live here again someday. This city has anything and everything there is to offer, and if its not here, its only a few hours at most to find whatever it may be.

I guess I'd just like to be closer than 5 hours away from my family. Friends are cool, but family is important. Until I have one of my own choosing, I want to be a bit closer to the one that raised me. It helps that I'm getting a bit irritable at my current job and ready to move on. So I'm job searching whether here, there, or somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought u moved down there to have better roads to ride? But it would be cool to see u come back

Lol well there's that problem too. This is Gods country for riding...I'm still weighing my options. I chased a girl down here years ago, as you know. The roads were a bonus. The girl is gone so now I've got to make a career choice and stick with it for awhile.

So I have a question for the guys that may know...I'm still new to the CNC's. I am running a laser 95% of the time right now, and if I stay where I'm at, trying to work my way in to a programmers position...I dabble in both right now since I work second shift and there's no one here to say I can't.

So I'm running small parts from a 48x120 sheet of 11ga. Our current programmer has the sheet split into 4 sections. So I have 4 programs 1264, 1267, 1268, 1271. Is it possible to change the gcode to call up the next program when the first ends?

Just download them all at once to the control. After one is done, it is as simple as pushing "List Prog", and selecting the next program. That's for Fanuc, but you can have MANY programs loaded in your control on most; just as one is done, open the other one.

I'm trying to automate a full sheet to have no manual inputs until all 4 programs have burned. With what you explain it sounds like I'd have to be here when each program ends.

I should add I'm running programs off of a USB drive to avoid loading up the memory on the control. I almost think for certain I need some sort of call up in the gcode to pull up the next program.

I'm trying to automate a full sheet to have no manual inputs until all 4 programs have burned. With what you explain it sounds like I'd have to be here when each program ends.

I should add I'm running programs off of a USB drive to avoid loading up the memory on the control. I almost think for certain I need some sort of call up in the gcode to pull up the next program.

If I was there I could help you, but if I had to armchair quarterback from my pc I would say, ditch the M30 code at the end of the first program, and copy and past the other 3 programs one at a time deleting the M30 and replacing it with an M01 (if you want the option stop option)on each and just keep the M30 at the end of the last ran program. I'm not there to look at the program to see how it is written, but I wouldn't touch anything unless you had someone by your side to double check what you are doing so you don't fuck the cuts up IMO. You could put a GOTO#### code also at the end of each program to tell it to go to your next line of code (ex: N4440).

Ex:

N4430 GOTO 4440

N4435 M30 (Program Stop)

N4440 (GOTO jumps directly here) <------You're next program that is pasted under the first one because you combined them all. Just make sure you cleaned it up very well and did it correctly before pasting the next program codes under the other.

Are you needing to let it run lights out while you are gone? Is this why? Or to free you up to do other things?

Edited by NinjaNick

That makes sense Nick. I'm not going to get to it tonight, but Monday unless something happens I'll be working on it. I'm not afraid of screwing up the program. I work off of copies and don't change the original. And yes, I'm trying to set it to run unmanned, 10p-5a.

Snot, I know you guys have a beautiful 5 axis laser that needs a good operator...any idea what they're willing to pay? I never have sent in a resume. I've had a few talks with my boss and he's being generous now since I've let the cat out of the bag that I've been looking for other work.