I just moved to northern ohio and ride ATVs

fourwheelerfamily

We moved here from Florida and have ridden at Bear Creek in Canton and Wellsville on the crazy hills there and am looking for other areas to ride in north east Ohio. Wayne National Forest looks nice but kind of boring with easy trails, at least on Youtube. Is it worth a 3 hour ride to go there? My kids 12 and 16 have done some cross country races in Florida and I was wondering if there are any races series in Ohio.

Please let me know of any good offroad places to ride around Cleveland area.

Thanks Bruce

Perry State Forest. I fully agree Wayne is boring.

Perry has plenty of challenging hills and terrain as well as open sections for speed. You can also forge your own trail there instead of having to stay on the groomed trail like Wayne makes you do. You also don't need to buy a pass to ride Perry unlike Wayne

Welcome, Wayne is not as easy as you might have seen on U tube, despite what the quadless midget is saying I would not recomend taking your boys unless they are xperianced riders. You will run into everything from steep hill climbs with 90 degree turns in the middle to rutted water filled sections. A group of us try and go a couple times a month and we usually find things we have not seen and we have been riding there the past three years. Look forward to showing you around there sometime. And personally I would say it is worth the drive if you are camping for the weekend.

Perry is tiny, wellsville is all gas/power line hills. Wayne is actual trails. Yeah, they are maintained which makes them fast, there are plenty of challenges unless you are looking to climb cliff walls. If that's what you want to do, go to perry. That's all there is to do there.

Perry is tiny, wellsville is all gas/power line hills. Wayne is actual trails. Yeah, they are maintained which makes them fast, there are plenty of challenges unless you are looking to climb cliff walls. If that's what you want to do, go to perry. That's all there is to do there.

You've said that before and you be wrong old man.

I'm probably going to pick up another quad this year and you and I will have a Perry date because you've obviously missed half of Perry ;)

We moved here from Florida and have ridden at Bear Creek in Canton and Wellsville on the crazy hills there and am looking for other areas to ride in north east Ohio. Wayne National Forest looks nice but kind of boring with easy trails, at least on Youtube. Is it worth a 3 hour ride to go there? My kids 12 and 16 have done some cross country races in Florida and I was wondering if there are any races series in Ohio.

Please let me know of any good offroad places to ride around Cleveland area.

Thanks Bruce

Welcome to the site. And Wayne is imo the best Ohio has to offer. If you think is looks boring just grab a hand full of throttle and crank it up a notch! But yea 3hrs is a good haul. If you buy the trail permit, it's $45.00 for the whole year. Kids under 16 are free but Quads need to be state register'd, which is $34.75 for a 3 year plate. And you can camp for free anywhere in the Forest. Also cheap sites around with electric and showers. And I'm not sure how close you are to Lorain, but check this out...

http://ramjamsportsplex.com/Home/tabid/570/Default.aspx

And if you miss the sand and a 5hr trip isn't out of the question, http://www.silverlakesanddunes.net/ I'm to big of a Buckeye fan or would of all ready planed a trip here.

Edited by M_Quick

:welcomeor:

Wellsville is also full of drunk hicks racing jeeps down quad trails. People die there every holiday weekend. I'd never go back.

Haspen Acres in Laurel IN is similar from what I've heard. Used to be a kickass place years ago, but drunken 4bys and side by sides have all buttrutted it out:nono:

:welcomeor:

Haspen Acres in Laurel IN is similar from what I've heard. Used to be a kickass place years ago, but drunken 4bys and side by sides have all buttrutted it out:nono:

a ton of rumors about death at haspin every weekend, but I never see it.

dont get me wrong, haspin kinda sucks... but its not necessarily due to the idiots. while there are drunken indiana hill billys there, the main issue I have is the poor condition of the trails and the dirt composition.

I have come to appreciate the high level of technicality at haspin (almost need a trials bike), it requires you to exercise some bizarre skills. I prefer to go fast though.

if you could make the trip to daniel boone sometime, it is absolutely amazing. lightning fast well maintained/marked trails on wonderful sandstone. its about 2-3 hours south of cincy, so probably 7 away from OP. there are no vehicle requirements (no registration, no sticker) only require you to check in at a ranger station.

I usually stop at the s-tree trail head, but ive also tried the white sulpher trails.