Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

<<My 2013 Civic count? >>

Absolutely. 1000+ units per day are manufactured at the Honda plant in Greensburg, IN.

I do a lot of work with Honda. Their vehicles have more domestic content than most "American" automobiles. Their engine and transmission plants are in Ohio as well as three assembly plants. Honda manufactures their own instrument panels and fascia at their assembly facilities.

JB

Here is a Quote from a guy that finally gets it I would like to welcome another Ruffian to the family.

= 7even

Picked up my '14 Ultra Classic this morning at 9:30 and rode it pretty much all day. Little background...

I have been a Goldwing owner for more years than I care to share, but it's been a while. It's primarily been due to the fact that my wife absolutely would not be caught on a Harley, as she says "she's not a biker chick" and to her, a Harley is for ruffians. Hey, I'm just telling the truth. As for me, I'm 48 and have heard over and over the horror stories of Harley reliability issues, etc. over the years. Anyway, months ago, I read about Rushmore and decided to begin researching. Long story short....

I have not yet gotten the Stage 4 done yet (Jackpot header is on backorder) however, I have to say, the bike is, in a word, awesome. I have loved every mile that I put on it today. Yep, it has that new bike smell and I have around another 700 miles for breakin however, everything, from the nav to the sound, to feel, to the vibration is more than I have words for. Yes, it really does move the soul.

And here's the kicker; First Day, First Ride, First Everything on a Harley and my WIFE tells me, without me asking, that the Harley is more comfortable for her then the 'Wing (a 2001 GL1800)... I am rarely speechless, but was in that moment. And to top it off, she even purchased a Harley jersey!

HARLEY.... who'da thunk?!?!

'Wings are great bikes, and I won't bash 'em however, now that I have truly ridden a Harley, for me, I could never go back... The Harley is it. Love it!

Goldwings impress me from an engineering standpoint, but not as a motorcycle.

It's a civic convertible... Costs about the same too. I think that's my biggest gripe.

More capable than any Harley, I would take one in a heartbeat over any model Hog.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pretty much. Believe it or not a Sportster 1200 is only around 100 pounds less than a Fat Boy. I saw a few at the local dealer and they sure don't look like they weigh that much..They must be made out of lead.

After a few XL's, one XR, a VRSCR and a few metrics thrown in the mix I thought I'd try my hand at a "lightweight" Dyna. Last weekend I picked up a 2014.5 FXDL.

20140419_165427_zps551f6c73.jpg

Edited by modular

Anyone see/read reviews of the liquid cooled 750?

I watched one on Youtube last night, and the verdict was pretty much that it's a great cruiser for the price.  I thought it was funny that they were impressed with 59hp and 45(?) lbs.-ft of torquie from a liquid-cooled 750, but those are at-the-wheel numbers, and relatively respectable in a lighter bike.

I'm not saying it's a HD I would own, but it's a step toward something I would consider.