Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

That sounds completely stupid...

There is no way I'm drag racing anyone with a passenger, especially a passenger I claim to care about...

What drag raceway lets you 2-up a bike on the strip?

Yep young and dumb over 30 years ago a lot has changed at the strips

I hate to say it but I was a squid long before it became so popular

Edited by HeavyDuty

I wish I had a cruiser to really flog at a track day.  With exaggerated body position, you might be able to make fewer sparks and go a lot faster.

There is a great old video of a 500cc 2-stroke (ridden by Freddie Spencer), a UJM standard, and a Nissan 300ZX turbo(?) racing around a track.  The UJM does pretty well.  I don't expect a modern HD would be all that much slower.

They has like a 80lb chick on it saying how light and nimble it was. She was on city streets! Nothing better on .

For as much as hyper sports weigh they are pretty nimble not very light though. But still lighter than a harley though. If i was buying a cruiser for 2 up I'd probably buy a ultra classic. If i was buying for myself alone it would be a jackpot or hammer

Edited by ZxHooligan

You need a new wife. First time I took Mrs. Tonik through the dragon about a mile in she leaned forward and said go faster.

Sounds like you got a good wife. On my old cruiser, my wife used to tell me to slow down before I was even dragging the floorboards. I had to sell my cruiser because the floorboards and freeway bars were getting ground down every time I went near anything with curves. I thought about seeing if she wanted to do the Epic Ride 2 up on the C14, but it would probably just make her real nervous. I want to enjoy the ride. Now with a sport-tourer, I get the best of both worlds.

Edited by Connie14

I wish I had a cruiser to really flog at a track day. With exaggerated body position, you might be able to make fewer sparks and go a lot faster.

There is a great old video of a 500cc 2-stroke (ridden by Freddie Spencer), a UJM standard, and a Nissan 300ZX turbo(?) racing around a track. The UJM does pretty well. I don't expect a modern HD would be all that much slower.

Modern hd feels much slower than dads 77 Cb 750..maybe because it winds twice as high up the rpm range?

I wish I had a cruiser to really flog at a track day. With exaggerated body position, you might be able to make fewer sparks and go a lot faster.

There is a great old video of a 500cc 2-stroke (ridden by Freddie Spencer), a UJM standard, and a Nissan 300ZX turbo(?) racing around a track. The UJM does pretty well. I don't expect a modern HD would be all that much slower.

I've seen Jinu ride the exaggerated body position shit out of a VROD up 28 in NC/TN and it was not only hysterical but I don't thing he scraped much at all

For as much as hyper sports weigh they are pretty nimble not very light though. But still lighter than a harley though. If i was buying a cruiser for 2 up I'd probably buy a ultra classic. If i was buying for myself alone it would be a jackpot or hammer

I agree, spent some time on my brothers ZX14, and have rode a few Busas, -liked them both. I like the Victory's, one of my riding buddies has the judge. Handles very well for what it is.

There are definitely a few different ideas of what a good time consists of. A spirited ride through the twisties is fun for many. Me? I found it exhausting to finish a ride and find myself relieved that I survived it. I find very little more pleasurable than a slow cruise through a wooded road on a cool fall day. To me, that's the essence of riding. I find it laughable that we've established a hierarchy of dooooosh-baggedness based on how many miles you ride/weather you ride in/helmet-style/leather color/tassel length. I love my big bagger. It's the first bike that I haven't immediately started thinking of my next immediately after purchase. Will I own another sporty bike? Possibly as a second, but I don't feel that urge any more.

• Upvote 1

I feel that my metric cruiser gives me enough sporty to keep me interested, and a riding position that keeps me comfy. I don't consider myself an agressive rider. But, I really really hate riding in a straight line. I find it very boring.

To the thought that all metric cruisers want to be a HD. I find that laughable. I've ridden two HD's. I found both equally terribly in comfort and ridability. Although my wife did enjoy the comfort of the Electra Glide. It's just not what I want in a motorcycle.

If and when I am ever to buy another bike it would be a Victory bagger. It would be purchased for the sole purpose of 2 up riding. It was comfortable enough that I could ride long disatnce, and has just enough sportiness that I could throw it through a corner and not wad it up on the other side.

That being said. Ride what you want, for the ride you want. And don't be an arrogant prick about it. :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still an AGATT rider, and my Harley card has not been revoked. I've been looking for a good deal on something else since around middle of the winter, and a couple of the contenders are HD, the others are honda and Suzuki.

Show up at a bike night in full gear on your hog, you will for sure get made fun of. :)

Show up at a bike night in full gear on your hog, you will for sure get made fun of. :)

I wont make fun of him... I dont care what you ride, what gear you wear. Its your choice. I dont judge anyone.. i will bond with you about riding. I wear a jacket, and sometimes i wear a helmet... but its my choice... i know i should wear one.. giving my background as a cop ( worked many bike accidents and now as a nurse) but its MY choice..  so welcome cruiser brother.. lets ride

• Upvote 1

I wont make fun of him... I dont care what you ride, what gear you wear. Its your choice. I dont judge anyone.. i will bond with you about riding. I wear a jacket, and sometimes i wear a helmet... but its my choice... i know i should wear one.. giving my background as a cop ( worked many bike accidents and now as a nurse) but its MY choice..  so welcome cruiser brother.. lets ride

You are one of the few, seems in most states like Ohio with no helmet laws, if you ride a Hog and wear real gear.........you get shit from the pirates and posers. I am all for choice, but rolling my eyes at those that chose to not use common sense, is also a right as well. :)

And you can roll your eyes or talk about me for my choices all you want... its ok.. i wont mind.. i really dont care what ppl think of me..  i know the pros outweigh the cons.. when i had a sport bike you wouldnt have caught me without gear... im not sure what changed.... maybe its the ppl i ride with... my age.. etc.. but i just want to ride... i am not going to give anyone shit about what they ride and what gear they have on. Love ya all

• Upvote 1

I'll give you shit if you're on a loud bike with no safety gear chanting "loud pipes save lives" because it's obvious at that point you're just being loud to be obnoxious, and your excuse regarding safety is vacuous.

• Upvote 1

And you can roll your eyes or talk about me for my choices all you want... its ok.. i wont mind.. i really dont care what ppl think of me.. i know the pros outweigh the cons.. when i had a sport bike you wouldnt have caught me without gear... im not sure what changed.... maybe its the ppl i ride with... my age.. etc.. but i just want to ride... i am not going to give anyone shit about what they ride and what gear they have on. Love ya all

I guess I should update this. Agatt for me now isn't the same as when I rode a sport bike. Sometimes I'll wear a half helmet. Yes, it's got skulls on it. My jacket doesn't have armor in every panel, and I don't wear leather pants. Not ever.

Jeans, jacket, gloves, and whichever helmet I grab.