Squid time!

R6_Rider

Ninja 650 - 2 beers, last summer during one of those 90+ degree days and worked from 7-6... I didn't even make it 4 miles before I felt the need to hurl. Well amazingly I had my open face on and turned my head to the side and up chucked at 45mph all over the car behind me....

Winnar!!!! :lol:

If I put them all down at once, this page will be too large for most browsers....

My first bone-headed moment(at the ripe old age of 6) was riding double-up behind my sister....me sans helmet.  Sis decided to hit a jump, dropping me off the back, to enliven my skull with a rock, adding 20 stitches to my head.

A couple:

Was in parking lot, bike was coughing on start up, hit throttle hard, slowly released clutch, didn't realize was in gear. Bike went straight for a car. Either barely hit the door or barely missed the door of the car. Either way no damage, but I was holding on for dear life.

Was at night, at a stop light, I was testing some new mods. I had a rather stock Buell Blast, so holding the throttle open and releasing the clutch was not that big a deal. Although, this time I released too quick and the front tire went straight to the sky! I was knocked off and running along with my bike through the intersection until I could hop back on.

Overall I've been pretty lucky. All mine were all primarily out of ignorance at the time, like most people I'm guessing.

I'd say the #1 thing I did wasn't too long after getting my first bike, a Bandit 600. They're carbed and one morning it was fairly cold. I didn't let the engine warm up enough, but it was idling ok, so I took the choke down. Well, doing a right hand turn out of the neighborhood, the engine was stalling. I gave it a few twists of the throttle and still nothing. Eventually, it picked up and I ended up going across into the incoming traffic lane and almost into the tree/bushes on the other side for a few seconds, but managed to get control back and get into my lane... I was quite lucky there was no oncoming traffic...

Other than that, same bike... The first night it rained since I'd purchased it, I had it on grass. I didn't have a metal plate or wood block, etc under the kickstand... Needless to say overnight, the kickstand sunk into the ground, bike fell on its side, and some gas leaked out onto the tank and side of the front fairing. Some of the paint on the fairing ended up getting warped and eventually peeled off, but wasn't too bad.

Besides that, I remember releasing the clutch lever a bit too quick from a stoplight and popping the front wheel a bit unexpectedly.

My parents wouldnt let me get a mini/dirt bike when I was a kid...so this fueled my desire for motorcycles even more.  This desire would lead me to bad decisions...decisions to ride or go for a ride on ANY of my friends' motorcycles at any time. 

So, my buddy had this Honda XR70 maybe...no brakes with a sticky throttle.  He said he'd take me for a ride on it.  So, we ride thru the streets of my neighborhood, around the block and we're returning to his house.  Throttle sticks as we approach an intersection.  We blow the stop sign, we're going too fast to make the 90 degree left.  We jump the curb and crash full speed in to a row of bushes.  He breaks his foot, I walk away with a headache.  No helmets and definitely nothing on but shorts and a tshirt.  I was probably 12.

My parents still hate my motorcycles.

• Upvote 1

Back in 06, after selling my 02 Ninja 250, I purchase an 03 636. After a couple of weeks of riding it my buddy and I are headed to Iron Pony. We are on Dempsy Rd heading towards Westerville Rd and I take off hard from a stop light, getting it up to 80 or so. I realized that I now had the ability (or so I thought) to do a roll on Whoolie. We get to Westerville Rd and I tell him I am gonna do a wheelie as soon as we get going. He laughs and says ok, but I am not stopping if you crash. 

Needless to say I picked the bike up no problem, it came up so fast the tank hit me in the chest and knocked the wind out of me. I slammed that front end down so hard I thought for sure I broke the forks. The bike was ok, but I def lost some pride in front of a long line of cars in stopped traffic that day.

• Upvote 1

I rode a little bit through high shool and college . Fast forward 10 years and I purchace a new dual sport Triumph. The paperwork took forever and by the time I left it was just about dark with just the finance guy, the salesmen (Parks Cycle, Tommy Mac), and I at the dealership. I had my temp but had not taken the MSF yet. So no getting caught riding after dark. The salesmen tried to talk me out of riding it home until I took my class (that coming weekend). *fuck that* I thought to myself. As I was leaving the dealer I took a very wide left turn on my new ride as I relaized I had forgotten how to turn at low speed. I rode into the parking lot across the street. I thought about stopping and backing up as the only option in front of me was through the gress... hell with it. Went through the grass and back out onto the street.

:facepalm:

Little did I know the salesman saw the whole thing. He still gives me a good natured rub everytime I bump into him. I told him I was testing out the dual sport suspension and we both got a good laugh out of it.

• Upvote 1

When I was first learning to ride (not sure if I even had my temps yet) I was learning how to ease off the clutch to get rolling but I kept stalling out so I got pissed revved the piss out of the engine and popped the clutch.  I went straight up the curb and hit a cable box and laid it on its side. 

Another stupid move was when I was in high school instead of just wearing my book-bag I wanted to bungee it to the sissy bar.  I was trying to strap it as tight as I could so I gave it one good pull to get it tight and hook it but unfortunately I pulled a bit too hard and my whole bike fell over.

When Scruit pulls a squid move, you know it's gonna be on camera.

When I get home each day I drive down the left of the metal bollard in the my driveway. Plenty of room. This day the trash can was there so I figured I'd drive down the right side instead. About 2" not enough room for the hard cases. My kid was on the back (7yo?). Both geared up like we're about to face a hoard of zombies so injuries or damages other than a bollard-shaped puncture in the left hard case.

7 years old. Dad takes me to look at what was to become my first bike. Honda Z50.

He tells me to hop on and shows me where the throttle is and say go. I twist it wide open and the bike takes off across the guys yard with me hanging on for dear life and screaming.

Dad chases me down (1st gear ain't too fast on a Z50) and yanks me off the bike right before it careens into a tree.

He looks at the guy who is laughing his ass off and says, "I guess we'll take it".

• Upvote 2