Need to test new acquisition. Good indoor ranges in NE Ohio?

the_silverfox

Been lurking, haven't posted in a while. Anyway, for those who don't know me, I used to live in Westerville but I'm now living in Eastlake because of a new job. I recently acquired a Glock 27 and would like to break it in a bit.

Since I'm new to the area, what are some favorite indoor gun ranges in NE Ohio? I'm going back to the outdoor ones once it thaws out here, but I'm curious where you guys shoot when it's snowing. I'm probably headed to Sherwin Shooting Sports on Vine since I only live a couple minutes away from there. Been inside the retail store a few times and the people there are nice and knowledgeable.

Living up here for the past few months, I now understand why OR becomes a gun forum after November. I'm also open to a range day if anyone up here is interested. :p

The guys at Stonewall have consistently been assholes the handful of time I have been there

This is extremely accurate until they begin to recognize you and then its like they flip a switch. The older the employee usually the more of an asshole they are

neato, i'm up in mentor.

sherwin is probably going to be your "home" range.

atwells is in painesville, and is a nice place to shoot. they're talking about building a range in mentor, but that won't happen for a while. i think there is also a shooting club that operates an outdoor range in madison, never been there.

anyway, welcome to the area!

Well this is awkward...still tho.

Sorry, couldn't resist that. Been laughing my ass off waiting for your reply.

It's owned by a group of investors now, they bought it when he died. They are making progress on fixing the staff. They really are.

Your hatred for how they used to operate is 100 percent accurate and justified.

Been lurking, haven't posted in a while. Anyway, for those who don't know me, I used to live in Westerville but I'm now living in Eastlake because of a new job. I recently acquired a Glock 27 and would like to break it in a bit.

Since I'm new to the area, what are some favorite indoor gun ranges in NE Ohio? I'm going back to the outdoor ones once it thaws out here, but I'm curious where you guys shoot when it's snowing. I'm probably headed to Sherwin Shooting Sports on Vine since I only live a couple minutes away from there. Been inside the retail store a few times and the people there are nice and knowledgeable.

Living up here for the past few months, I now understand why OR becomes a gun forum after November. I'm also open to a range day if anyone up here is interested. :p

Sherwin is my range of choice... owner's wife is pretty hawt and carries a nice 1911. She's a real ballbuster though so come with thick skin.

have not checked out B&T yet, but I hear good things about it.

I'm going to be over there on Sunday if you care to join me.

Stonewall has gotten much better. I have not seen the asshole workers in months. I think there was a giant purge. Couple of the old guard there but it is the ok ones.

Yeah, they lost a bunch of people. The guy who's all tatted up is still there. What they did is hire all the crusty old bastards who had hardons for cowboy action and talked shit to the customers.

The owner at Stonewall is also an asshole. I don't support their business. Unrelated to being assholes, their prices are the highest in town.

Stonewall was the closest range until I moved. I would drive further to go to B&T.

I had a nightmare experience at Stonewall a few years back. I was having fun with my buddy's AR, nothing severe - shot every 1-2 seconds maybe. I put the rifle down, turn around, look down for a second, and I see a laser on my chest. :wtf: Immediately freak out and duck because I think someone has a crimson trace and is about to kill me.

Range officer is standing behind a plate glass window with a laser pointer, gesturing to me to come out front. He tried to give me a talking-to about having more than one round in the rifle at once... like I'm supposed to drop the mag and put one round in at a time... Interrupted him and let him have it full-force for about a minute straight about how fucking stupid it is to put a laser on someone's chest at a gun range, especially being as this was that summer when there were 4-5 gun range shootings right in a row.

Was fucking pissed. Grabbed my card and my ID back from him, stormed out, and never went back.

Riverside range on front street in Cuyahoga falls is really nice but kind of a drive for you.

Nice. I'm down there sometimes to get me some Strickland's Frozen Custard. That's just something weird that has followed me since I lived in CA (there's one there too).

The guys at Stonewall have consistently been assholes the handful of time I have been there. So, I refuse to support their business.

B&T in Lorain is a good indoor range.

AA in Parkman is a good outdoor range.

Noted. Definitely want to do outdoor when it's warmer again.

neato, i'm up in mentor.

sherwin is probably going to be your "home" range.

atwells is in painesville, and is a nice place to shoot. they're talking about building a range in mentor, but that won't happen for a while. i think there is also a shooting club that operates an outdoor range in madison, never been there.

anyway, welcome to the area!

Thanks! I shot at Sherwin last night, put 100 rounds on the Glock to start breaking it in. It's a nice place with a good vibe and I like the people.

He's dead.

You can still be an asshole when you're dead. :lol:

Sherwin is my range of choice... owner's wife is pretty hawt and carries a nice 1911. She's a real ballbuster though so come with thick skin.

have not checked out B&T yet, but I hear good things about it.

I'm going to be over there on Sunday if you care to join me.

She does have a nice 1911. :p I'm at IMS on Sunday but I'm down with some range time. Just send me a PM when you want someone to tag along.