Craigslist, eBay, Internet find thread

rawlins87

Number 2 & 3 have unrepaired damage from being on their side.

Number 2 & 3 have unrepaired damage from being on their side.

if the damage is as stated its the easiest negotiating piece to pay the prices I suggested. Buying bikes with cosmetic damage has been my favorite as long as you know what else to look for to make sure its ONLY cosmetic. They are easy cheap fixes most of the time and if you're looking to flip it can net you at least $1k in profit :D

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/3643841598.html

1985 BMW K100RS, 95K miles, good condition, clear title

First year BMW Flying Brick in Alaskan Blue. Motor still runs great (early k-bikes are renowned for durability). Has some cosmetic conditions, but not bad considering it's almost 30 years old (pictures show the worst of it). I bought it with about 75K miles and have driven it from Central Texas to Pennsylvania on one trip and later to Colorado (it really shined in the Rocky Mountains). I commuted to work in the Round Rock area for several years and it never let me down.

It's an easy bike to work on and easy to ride, so it's a good first bike. It's a good size for both touring and daily commuter and the bags make overnight trips easy. I'm including everything you need to get started except a license and boots.

I stopped riding as the kiddo has gotten older and I have less time. It's not been ridden more than a couple hundred miles in the last few years. It was in storage for about 8 months while our house was being built and the odometer didn't roll afterwards. There's a guy in Austin that fixes them for a couple hundred bucks.

Features heated handgrips, two hard cases (one with damaged hinge), gas level indicators, and a Corbin touring seat.

Also included:

- Stock seat

- Black muffler cover

- Mostly complete tool kit

- Removable full windshield (not pictured)

- Marsee tank bag

- His (XL) and her's (M) padded mesh jackets

- His (XL) padded mesh pants

- Couple pairs of gloves

- XL helmet

- Clymer manual

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/3643841598.html

1985 BMW K100RS, 95K miles, good condition, clear title

First year BMW Flying Brick in Alaskan Blue. Motor still runs great (early k-bikes are renowned for durability). Has some cosmetic conditions, but not bad considering it's almost 30 years old (pictures show the worst of it). I bought it with about 75K miles and have driven it from Central Texas to Pennsylvania on one trip and later to Colorado (it really shined in the Rocky Mountains). I commuted to work in the Round Rock area for several years and it never let me down.

It's an easy bike to work on and easy to ride, so it's a good first bike. It's a good size for both touring and daily commuter and the bags make overnight trips easy. I'm including everything you need to get started except a license and boots.

I stopped riding as the kiddo has gotten older and I have less time. It's not been ridden more than a couple hundred miles in the last few years. It was in storage for about 8 months while our house was being built and the odometer didn't roll afterwards. There's a guy in Austin that fixes them for a couple hundred bucks.

Features heated handgrips, two hard cases (one with damaged hinge), gas level indicators, and a Corbin touring seat.

Also included:

- Stock seat

- Black muffler cover

- Mostly complete tool kit

- Removable full windshield (not pictured)

- Marsee tank bag

- His (XL) and her's (M) padded mesh jackets

- His (XL) padded mesh pants

- Couple pairs of gloves

- XL helmet

- Clymer manual

Off topic I know but would love to ride the hill country around Austin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Casper pinned this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic