Craigslist, eBay, Internet find thread

rawlins87

8 hours ago, max power said:

Flagged for removal.  I hate CL anymore.  

Never even look at it at this point. 

northern ohio ducati wanted $14k for a 2008 ducati monster with 26,000 miles because it had a special color scheme. meanwhile everywhere else in the world they are like $4-5k. 

Edited by what

10 hours ago, what said:

northern ohio ducati wanted $14k for a 2008 ducati monster with 26,000 miles because it had a special color scheme. meanwhile everywhere else in the world they are like $4-5k. 

And in CL terms "special color scheme" or "custom paint" usually means wrecked or been painted because of damage

Edited by 2talltim

On 11/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, 2talltim said:

And in CL terms "special color scheme" or "custom paint" usually means wrecked or been painted because of damage

To be fair it was a special edition monster but still it is not worth anywhere near $14k

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Not in the market but may go down and check this out anyway if the weather is nice and nothing to do. 

Anyone want to drive down?

https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/chillicothe-2007-aprilia-tuono/6816806895.html

those are sweet. I almost bought an 08 or 09 before I bought my VFR but was afraid of the reliability issues

long before you were a relevant assclown in these parts I was at all the rides and events. Maybe it was you that became the problem? :D

also I beg to differ because later in my ownership, the VFR would sit for weeks on end and I never had a fear of it not starting or having an issue. Don't think I'd have the same confidence in a dirty italian 

Edited by Bad324

15 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Not in the market but may go down and check this out anyway if the weather is nice and nothing to do. 

Anyone want to drive down?

https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/chillicothe-2007-aprilia-tuono/6816806895.html

That might be Blitz's old Tuono 😶

I wouldn't touch an Aprilia made before 2016 btw. Maintenance nightmare from everything I've read. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, what said:

That might be Blitz's old Tuono 😶

I wouldn't touch an Aprilia made before 2016 btw. Maintenance nightmare from everything I've read. 

I've touched one bunches. Have had an 03 for 5 years. These are the rotax v twins.  The price of the used v4s is tempting me too but I'd miss my fuel range. Another good thing about the Tuono is their update is a year or 2 behind the RSV so there's fewer problems.

Edited by motocat12

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

I've touched one bunches. Have had an 03 for 5 years. These are the rotax v twins.  The price of the used v4s is tempting me too but I'd miss my fuel range. Another good thing about the Tuono is their update is a year or 2 behind the RSV so there's fewer problems.

I've heard horror stories of valve clearance issues every 1500-2000 miles on 2010-2015 RSVs/Tuonos. Supposedly with the 2016 revision all of that was solved and the service interval was brought up in line with the Japanese bikes. 

23 hours ago, what said:

I've heard horror stories of valve clearance issues every 1500-2000 miles on 2010-2015 RSVs/Tuonos. Supposedly with the 2016 revision all of that was solved and the service interval was brought up in line with the Japanese bikes. 

It boggles the mind to think that in 2015 they couldn't engineer a valve train to keep clearance for longer than that. What are the valve seats made out of, sharp cheddar?

18 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Was it raced? race schedule is check valves every 6000km. I've not heard these horror stories from street riders on the forums I follow.

I think they were a combination of street and street + trackday guys. I'm sure it varies bike to bike, just like every Italian manufactured vehicle. QA is not one of their strong points, hehe. 

• Casper unpinned this topic