Craigslist, eBay, Internet find thread

rawlins87

1 hour ago, hiro said:

I'm not sure what this pricing means. "$4500 - $4475" Should I buy it? (I'd have to do a credit card cash deal for 0% for a year with a 3% fee, then sell my current bike to help pay it off. heh)

Oh, I guess it'd need new tires just from age. 

I have a cash only rule for bikes and bike stuff.  To easy to get in a situation where you crash bike and still owe.  Unsecured is even worse, because that low interest won't last forever, unless you keep balance transferring.

To each their own though.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, whaler said:

I have a cash only rule for bikes and bike stuff.

I would have cash if I sold my bike first, but then I would be without one during this fine weather. ^_^ I'm actually trying to resist until next year, but I don't know...

9 minutes ago, hiro said:

I would have cash if I sold my bike first, but then I would be without one during this fine weather. ^_^ I'm actually trying to resist until next year, but I don't know...

You can buy just as much bike for half that amount.  Unless you are specifically looking for that bike and you want new, otherwise there are many great bikes for $2500-$3500 that leave room for more/better gear.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiro said:

If you're unsure and hesitating....just wait.  I surfed the web for my next bike almost a year before I committed, and saved $thousands.  Save your money, ride the bike you own this year, but keep your eyes peeled along the way for a bike that just calls out to you and fits your budget best

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

If you're unsure and hesitating....just wait.  I surfed the web for my next bike almost a year before I committed, and saved $thousands.  Save your money, ride the bike you own this year, but keep your eyes peeled along the way for a bike that just calls out to you and fits your budget best

Sagely advice.  Your Ninja 300 won't lose appreciable value in the meanwhile, and seriously, they're asking way too much for that SV.

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

If I recall correctly this is your first bike and first year riding....if so wait until next year. Or the fall.

Yes, it's been one year as of tomorrow. And I thought no one was paying attention. ^_^ Well, at least I'll have a fuel controller--EJK--to play with this weekend. (Just trying to smooth out on/off throttle response while trying to be patient.)

Yes, it's been one year as of tomorrow. And I thought no one was paying attention. ^_^ Well, at least I'll have a fuel controller--EJK--to play with this weekend. (Just trying to smooth out on/off throttle response while trying to be patient.)

Sounds like a fun project. Also try feathering the clutch at the beginning and ends of engagement. My V-Strom's fuel-injected throttle response can be really quick off the floor - too quick for proper off-road technique as a matter of fact, so I've leaened that slipping the clutch is a perfectly acceptable way to control power delivery any time you want. Clutch plates are cheap and take a long time to wear.

Here is a pristine 2012 Triumph Street Triple in Reynoldsburg. I eventually decided that I wanted something else, but if you are looking for one of these (I think the Imperial Purple was only offered in 2012) you will not find a cleaner example. I was worried that it may have been neglected, but it wasn't. This guy really seems to take care of his bikes, he just doesn't ride a lot and switches them out often to try new things. He said that he bought it in spring of 2014 as a new leftover model and that it has had the first service performed by the dealer (Motohio). 

The price is (IMHO) good. The bike appears to be perfect. The seller seemed like a great guy. I almost bought it. I doubt anyone who wants this year/color of ST3 would be disappointed: http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2012-Triumph-Street-Triple-675-117732124

If you visit, tell him that Wayne sent you (the guy on the Bonne). 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:29 AM, smccrory said:

Sounds like a fun project. Also try feathering the clutch at the beginning and ends of engagement. My V-Strom's fuel-injected throttle response can be really quick off the floor - too quick for proper off-road technique as a matter of fact, so I've leaened that slipping the clutch is a perfectly acceptable way to control power delivery any time you want. Clutch plates are cheap and take a long time to wear.

Do want to get too far off topic (I'll post if anything good comes from the EJK.) but, yeah, if slowing towards a stop, pulling the clutch in early helps. Heading into a corner, I don't want to pull the clutch in. Also, I'm wondering if the throttle response is making it harder for me to blip smoothly. (The 300 has a slipper clutch, but I like to work on skills.)

2 hours ago, motocat12 said:

Dude stop helping scammers.

The Gixxer, that's what I thought. Not totally sure about the FZ, but it's suspicious that it was repainted with a flat paint. I really need someone to help me with my shopping. haha 

9 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

My dads 919 is up for sale from the guy that bought it from him... Heck of a steal, bike is/was impeccably maintained. 

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/5598596485.html

@Bad324

@Wojo72

want it. Already emailed about it but he doesn't want a pool table :lol:

12 hours ago, hiro said:

The stuff that comes with it seems compelling, doesn't it? 

A 5 year old helmet... It needs replaced anyway the glues and adhesives have broken down and probably not risking to protect your noodle. 

• Casper pinned this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic