Westland Mall gun show

Scruit

We'll see. Pre-rush price on 5.56 bulk was about 38-45c per round. CTD now has 5.56 bulk 1000 round you can add-to-cart (doesn't list as backordered or out of stock) boxes for... $999. Dang, tripled in price.

I have enough on hand to last through the stupidity so if the prices are silly then I don't need to buy.

It was crowded and expensive. Crap 5.56 was 65-70c/round (steel case or expired milsurp tracer). Reasonable ammo was $1/round and good ammo was gone by 09:30

ARs in 5.56 started at 1200, complete lowers were 450 used (only a couple) and by 0930 I saw none new.

Pmags were 35-40. Even stamped metal mags were 25-30.

The only ARs under $1k were .22lr. SKSs and AKs could be had buy the AKs were 800 and even beat up old SKSs were going for 400 and up.

So, if you're missing a semi or ammo then you missed the boat. Gun shows are no bargain havens right now.

It was crowded and expensive. Crap 5.56 was 65-70c/round (steel case or expired milsurp tracer). Reasonable ammo was $1/round and good ammo was gone by 09:30

ARs in 5.56 started at 1200, complete lowers were 450 used (only a couple) and by 0930 I saw none new.

Pmags were 35-40. Even stamped metal mags were 25-30.

The only ARs under $1k were .22lr. SKSs and AKs could be had buy the AKs were 800 and even beat up old SKSs were going for 400 and up.

So, if you're missing a semi or ammo then you missed the boat. Gun shows are no bargain havens right now.

Not sure what year youre living in but gun shows havent had deals since before the prior election.. They have been nothing but a cluster fuck for 5yrs+

Not sure what year youre living in but gun shows havent had deals since before the prior election.. They have been nothing but a cluster fuck for 5yrs+

I went to this same show exactly a year ago and got an NIB S&W M&P 15 Sport (no dust cover or forward assist) and 3 pmags for $600. And I pad $100 for 300 rounds of green-tip 5.56 nato.

This time around that $700 would get you a used lower receiver, 3 pmags and enough left over to fill those 3 mags with bullets and 40 spare. :nono:

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 1

I don't know, I got a good deal on some ammo. 50 rounds of .303 brit LMkV blanks for $20. Felt that was the best deal on crimp nose blanks I have seen for a while. It was the only thing I purchased while there. I didn't sell my Enfield I was carrying around with me but that is fine. My buddies found the sign hanging off the top of the bayonet a handy marker when we got separated. :p