craigslist find $3000 ducati 749 superbike

attackpainter

Well it's possible he put 999 fairings on a 749 to replace the rashed original fairings, but I'd want to see lots of documentation, and confirmation of the story about the original owner, before I'd go too far. Also, no mention of whether the title is salvage.

I don't believe its an 05. The 03 & 04 came with that swing arm, the later models came with the black box style swing arms that had a location for swing arm spools

Or maybe that was just a 999 thing and not on the 749

Edited by ducati guy

emailed the poster and called the number. No word back and ad was removed.

Scam.

Or maybe it was sold?

After I sell something on CL, I never answer anybody after that. I'm a dick like that.

Very well could have been a scam, but I'd rather be optimistic and check it out beforehand! Great deals don't signify the apocalypse!

• 1 month later...

I came across this thread and joined the fourm to respond to it. This bike was for real. I drove all the way down to cambridge to look at it. The more I looked the more I found wrong I had the guy down to $2500 then came the title that the guy said he had in hand. The title was a Oregon salvage title in some guys name he had bought it from on ebay several months earlier. So even if you would manage to get the title transfered you would have to dump money into it to fix all the issues. In the end you'd have a Ducati 749 dark ( which is below the base model which is why it has the old style swing arm) with 27, 000 miles on it for about the same money you could buy one for without a salvage title and issues