Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2013

Casper

So this is my first time coming to this event. Anything special I need or should bring?

I figure I'll treat it the same as a long track weekend and bring...food, plenty of water, gas, chairs, easy up, tools, rain gear (which I don't have much of) and not sure what else.

How long of rides should I be expecting? Should I pack snacks to take along?

Food, Liquor and pain killers. As long a ride as you want, several groups of different length and pace to chose from just pick your poison

Well, finally got the Outlook back just to find a nail in my new tire... Luckily GEICO is going to cover the 230.00. They said it COULD have been from the accident. W/E... I'll take it! Props off to GEICO on that one!

Fontana sells beer at the store, at the gas station and at the bar. You can buy beer, albeit shit beer, at the GapStore.

The gas station had a few good local ones on tap last year. Ill likely be there again this year since I don't get phone service anywhere else and to try some new brews.

...since I don't get phone service anywhere else and to try some new brews.

Which brings me to my next question... Anyone with AT&T? Can you let me know if/where you got service in the past? My wife is a little worried about not being able to talk to the kids.

Which brings me to my next question... Anyone with AT&T? Can you let me know if/where you got service in the past? My wife is a little worried about not being able to talk to the kids.

AT&T. No service at Fontana just wifi. Usy dont stop long enough while riding to use the phone. We have iPhones so wifi is all that is needed.

• Upvote 1

Comes and goes, Verizon is the best there. There is wifi in Fontana at the pool, restaurant and lodge.

• Upvote 1

So this is my first time coming to this event. Anything special I need or should bring?

I figure I'll treat it the same as a long track weekend and bring...food, plenty of water, gas, chairs, easy up, tools, rain gear (which I don't have much of) and not sure what else.

How long of rides should I be expecting? Should I pack snacks to take along?

If you need to save room, you probably dont need chairs or the easy up

Like MT said, there will be several different groups of rides. I personally always end up in the same group as IP and usually I had a fat kid partner in crime in Likwid to complain about not having a lunch stop but he's on a diet now so I've lost his help. I usually do end up finding somewhere along our route to bitch enough to stop and get some BBQ as thats about all I eat down that way. Definitely good to bring plenty of fluids and snacks though if you dont wanna buy them at designated gas stops. Our group tends to really only stop for gas. 

The gas station had a few good local ones on tap last year. Ill likely be there again this year since I don't get phone service anywhere else and to try some new brews.

Yup, I'll be joining you this year. I'm on a liqour ban :lol:

also, as you know its one of the few places I got cell service

Comes and goes, Verizon is the best there. There is wifi in Fontana at the pool, restaurant and lodge.

I too have Verizon. Last year the gas station area as well as the general store were where I got service. Once you started up the hill towards the cabins it cut out because the gas station has a Verizon hot spot. If I recall correct, closer to the lodge and IN the lodge rooms you can just barely get service

• Upvote 1

I'm officially ready. I packed over the weekend. The bike has new coolant, brake fluid, oil & filter, front tire and a refreshed front suspension. Let's get this show on the road already!

Edited by cmh_sprint
  • Upvote 2

I'm officially ready. I packed over the weekend. The bike has neww coolant, brake fluid, oil & filter, front tire and a refreshed front suspension. Let's get this show on the road already!

Haven't even thought about packing yet, hell I wasn't even sure I was going to have the cbr to bring. But didn't think MT would allow the vtx on the same trailer as his bike. So better hold on to it for a few more days.

"That's How It's Done Son"

I'm officially ready. I packed over the weekend. The bike has new coolant, brake fluid, oil & filter, front tire and a refreshed front suspension. Let's get this show on the road already!

Meanwhile the excursion sits neglected and broke. Sad. :D

• Upvote 1

Too cool for Fontana, too cool for cheap widely available beer, too cool for jap bikes?

I never thought I'd see the day... IP has turned into a motohipster.

Humanity weeps.

• Upvote 3

Meanwhile the excursion sits neglected and broke. Sad. :D

Not sitting, nor broken. It made 2 snowmobile trips with no issues. Just not enough time to get shit done between work, spring farm work and the boys baseball and skating. :)

• Upvote 1

It's a perspective issue, I think. If I kept better company, I wouldn't have need to look down on all of you.

So a delusional, narcissistic motohipster, then.

Oh the huge ducmanatees

• Upvote 1

Not sitting, nor broken. It made 2 snowmobile trips with no issues. Just not enough time to get shit done between work, spring farm work and the boys baseball and skating. :)

Just pullin your chain brotha. The Pig is ready and waiting.