Anyone still commuting in the cold?

ScubaCinci

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on vacation all week, so not 'commuting', but went on an extended ride yesterday. Could have used the liner back in the jacket, but was OK without. Going out again today.

This weather is awesome: ER MAH GERD, GLERBERL WERMAHNG!

...Mine was especially helpful this morning after finding out my gf has been cheating on me with one of my "best" friends for a couple months now...

been there. buh-bye gf, period. once a cheater, always a cheater in my book.

Yea, turkey day tomorrow it supposed to be really nice so I made ride to the family's house but after that its supposed to get real cold.. So it's coming soon.

That's what I did. Rode down today, planning to ride back at peak temp Friday, even though it's gonna be cold. Brought stuff to bundle up in for about an hour trip.

I rode the hour to WV today at 5:30am. it was pretty damn cold lol, but the ride back the long way after 3pm was 60+ degrees. and well worth the frosty morning. my wife said why wouldn't you just go AFTER work.. cuz this way I got in a ride today AND I have some time for the family!

I rode the hour to WV today at 5:30am. it was pretty damn cold lol, but the ride back the long way after 3pm was 60+ degrees. and well worth the frosty morning. my wife said why wouldn't you just go AFTER work.. cuz this way I got in a ride today AND I have some time for the family!

Very smart!!

Ride to work often...not always. PM ride in and warmish if you will. 5AM, and not so balmy at 30 -32* Generally layer up. If I am out and about (any sunny day that the roads aren't covered with grit-during winter) I recycle my old Nomex...think thermal long johns and one of them pastry concoctions that are also a covering for the head.

long sleeve shirt over Nomex, then a fleece jacket and then a outer wear jacket...if 20's it'd be the dbl leather jacket over top....and one of them neckie things.

No interstates, just these junky (or junkie) backroads....514, 520, 60, 62, 229, 308...maybe y'all have heard of a couple. No probs except for pickup trucks!

There is a Hard Nipple Ride slated for January......

• 2 weeks later...
It's not time to put them away yet....:D

+1

Ill ride as long as there is not wet salted roads or snow/ice. Ive seen what the salt does to a bicycle so i will avoid that for my motocycle. Last winter was ofcourse very mid, but the bike was in "storage" for about 6 weeks.

This fall was almost that long when dealing with a bad back but Im hoping to ride atleast once every month.

Craig

Just got a new helmet with a pinlock insert. My Scorpion was fogging up at anything less than freeway speeds and it was about time to replace it.

I Didn't want ride today with the ground still wet, I hate those tar snakes, really bad on Leap road, but tomorrow we'll see how well the pinlock works.

almost have all the new parts sitting at the house. still have to take her down to the frame though and do a lot of painting/inspections for wear on everything while i have it apart. but hopefully here in the next few weeks ill have her put together and ready to go! im missing my two wheels.. i hate driving the cage.