KTM SuperDuke

Revelstoker

KTM-1290-Super-Duke-R-Prototype-First-Look.aspx111312-2013-ktm-1290-superduke-prototype-03.jpg

One badass looking machine. They certainly seem to be chasing the Ducati Streetfighter and BMW K13R in terms of power.

150-200hp in a sub-400lb bike is insane. My Nissan SER had 150hp and my Mini is as 211. Both weigh, around 2000lbs.

Love to have one but the 50hp Guzzi V7 Racer seems to be more practical.

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome, except the front headlight. It seriously ruins everything for me making it look just ok. The only thing I can think of is government regulations because it seems to break all the styling of the bike while forcing lines out of the minimal front fairings and tank. I seriously hope anyone who ones that will fix that and have an awesome looking machine.

It's a custom build, guys. Not a production piece. I have seen the soon to be released NEW Super Duke and that ain't it...

But, that being said, it is an awesome loking machine and had some serious care when built...

Oh, and Rev - 150-200 in a sub 400 lb machine is pretty standard stuff these days...

Now, that is the CC size and probably the 1290 motor proposed. It also appears to be the same chassis.

So, it could be, but there are so many custom things done and Kiska is the design team behind all of KTM machines. Basically, this COULD be the real deal with a bunch of add ons and custom stuff.

Although, what we saw last year was not a finished and production ready machine. However, we saw the new Adventure and it is exactly what we saw...

In any case, these are some of the coolest bikes I have seen. A lot of passion and design in these and they are a load of fun to ride!

Do you have an original (classic) mini?!
No, I wish. 2005 JCW Convertible
Oh, and Rev - 150-200 in a sub 400 lb machine is pretty standard stuff these days...

Well, Pani is under and HP4/ZX10R are both over but yes, not uncommon. P2W ratio is so overkill that they require elecro assist to make rideable but that is an argument for another thread.

Personally, they have pushed these bikes far beyond anything that I would want or need. B and C cup kind of guy, I don't need DDs and I will let you all fight over them.

-----

Now, back to to the SuperDuke. What have you have seen and can you burn those mental images into a GIF? Is your production mule less sexy? I came close to buying the old one, twice but opted in the end for the SMT.

Edited by Revelstoker

No, I wish. 2005 JCW Convertible

Well, Pani is under and HP4/ZX10R are both over but yes, not uncommon. P2W ratio is so overkill that they require elecro assist to make rideable but that is an argument for another thread.

Personally, they have pushed these bikes far beyond anything that I would want or need. B and C cup kind of guy, I don't need DDs and I will let you all fight over them.

-----

Now, back to to the SuperDuke. What have you have seen and can you burn those mental images into a GIF? Is your production mule less sexy? I came close to buying the old one, twice but opted in the end for the SMT.

I cannot tell you exactly, but that one would be a lean towards the old school Duke and the pre-production unit we saw wasn't anything like it. I am starting to think that one pictured is something they just did to get some attention to the brand as the new Adventure will not be released in the US as a 2013 and the RC8R will be pretty much the same outside the slipper and BNGs...

• 10 months later...

oh, i know all about it.  it's not exactly morning wood material though, as capable a bike as it is.  i read up on them quite a bit when i considered blowing my wad on a multi, and it came a close second.

• Upvote 1

In one of the articles I read on "The Beast," KTM stated the color of the demo model was not a production color because it fades too fast. Bummer, as it is a lot sexier than that production still.

KTM ADV is one heck of a bike from the reviews. However, the 690 Supermono has my curiosity piqued. With the rc390 coming to the states, one can only hope the 690 supermono gets green lighted and makes it to our shores.

They changed both the Adventure and Super Duke slightly since we first saw it in Austria in the secret labs there.  The front on the Adventure was changed slightly to avoid the double fender look they had which is nice to see.  They also changed the exhaust on the SD which also was smart.  Both were pre production, but they are almost exactly what we saw.

The SD has always been a bike I was fond of.  A LOT of saddle time with the old one and I can't wait to try the new one when it arrives.  I heard the Adventure was a great bike if you choose the R model.  The standard has 17" wheels and makes it less aggressive off road vs. the R.  But still very capable...

Anyways, cool to see the new bikes we saw a couple of years ago.  The 390 coming also!