15 states request to secede from the Union.

chevysoldier

Actually' date=' that's not correct. Each state is sovereign. WV belongs to WV. NY belongs to NY.

What you're describing is not freedom, at all.[/quote']

states are not people, corporations are not people, i could give 2 shits about their freedom.... people deserve freedom.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1, They signed this petition AFTER voting in the election. (You no playa da game, you no maka da rules) Which is why I called it "whining". if their guy woulda won, they'd have done a victory dance, and the blue states would have been adults about it (well, they'd have bitched, but not like this).

Yeah, real adult...

MJ snuck this one in, and I don't think anyone watched it.

Point is that the availability of secession is a valuable limiting factor to the excesses of a federal government. Even the discussion of such can be constructive to the status quo.

This post makes zero sense. You can't have a state without citizenry. They make up the state. The state government answers to the citizenry an does their bidding. If the citizens of WV vote to secede' date=' you'd be opposed to that based on the grounds that they aren't people?[/quote']

He would beat them back from seceding with his elbows.

There ya go, all 50 States are petitioned. (Unless I messed up my count)

Side bets on how many make the signature cutoff.

And new for today:

Have President Obama Do The Hokey Pokey

We feel that in this time of despair, that President Obama should do the Hokey Pokey on national television during a special Presidential Address to the nation. As a show of bipartisanship, President Obama should lead with his right foot. After all, that's what it's all about.

Created: Nov 14, 2012

Issues: Civil Rights and Liberties, Economy

Learn about Petition Thresholds

Signatures needed by December 14, 2012 to reach goal of 25,000

Total signatures on this petition

This post makes zero sense. You can't have a state without citizenry. They make up the state. The state government answers to the citizenry an does their bidding. If the citizens of WV vote to secede' date=' you'd be opposed to that based on the grounds that they aren't people?[/quote']

So can I vote to secede from the union on my own property? No.

I can renounce citizenship, I can sell my property and move, but I can't make my property my own country, or arbitrarily change the country that my property belongs to.

(guess what, this property now a territory of new Zealand, which means now it is against the law to have a nuclear reactor within 100 miles of my territorial boundaries. Sorry Perry nuclear power plant, you have to move...)

No, it's absurd, and that's with 100% voter turnout (me) and 100% vote in the affirmative. (which you won't get in a state secession vote)

So can I vote to secede from the union on my own property? No.

I can renounce citizenship, I can sell my property and move, but I can't make my property my own country, or arbitrarily change the country that my property belongs to.

(guess what, this property now a territory of new Zealand, which means now it is against the law to have a nuclear reactor within 100 miles of my territorial boundaries. Sorry Perry nuclear power plant, you have to move...)

No, it's absurd, and that's with 100% voter turnout (me) and 100% vote in the affirmative. (which you won't get in a state secession vote)

Methinks your hyperbole ran away from you a little here.

tsk, ignoring the chain of command. Property owner must first secede from the township, then city, county, state, etc. Then country. Any good Russian citizen knows this.

And I'll bet there's a form for seceding from township. Get started.

google secede from township

history lesson #1: 1912-1924 The city of Parma Ohio, was formed by citizens seceding from their township.

Edited by ReconRat

• 2 months later...

White house response to petitions from the states to secede from the Union

Our States Remain United

Apparently, it's not important enough to be in main stream news.

Oddly, it's not in news at all.

But did find this:

White House Rejects Texas Secession Petition

Supporters of the petition, the Texas Nationalist Movement, met with Republican leaders last week, The New York Times reports. The group wants Texas to sever its federal ties and become an independent nation, the newspaper reports.

Oddly, the New York Times source did not show up in a google news search.

Edited by ReconRat

Ohio is cool with open carrying AR's around.

As accurate as that statement is, I think you'd be much more likely to be on the receiving end of a MWAG call in Ohio than you would be in Utah. But I've never been to Utah, so what do I know. :)