Weekend get away

Carwhore

Looking for ideas for a weekend getaway.

Looking something around the midwest, not a super far drive.

Not looking for a "go to hocking/rent a cabin" response.

Any good ideas?

check out livingsocial.com. I did that and got an awesome deal for a 2 night stay in nashville. Best Vaca ever!!!!!!

the "more" remote parts of mansfield has some excellent bed-breakfasts. you probably missed the best of the fall colors, but the area is still nice.

God I hate you. Mansfield........ Ugh, no, but he's right they do. Malabar Farm is a place kids and chicks like, some of Shawshank was filmed there, plus there's the prison not too far you can tour where the rest of it was filmed.

There's several BB's by Mid Ohio too, Lexington exit, plus a Der Dutchmen with buffet :)

I was going to vote Nashville too, I need to take my wife there for a weekend of good country music, drinking, and baby making.

I was looking at trying to find a city....I planned on getting a deal on one of those sites. Just wanted opinions on a city to go to.

Chicago, for sure! Not cheap by any means, but a vibrant downtown with tons of activities, places to eat, sightseeing and entertainment. A great city for a walkabout at any hour as a bonus!

Chicago, for sure! Not cheap by any means, but a vibrant downtown with tons of activities, places to eat, sightseeing and entertainment. A great city for a walkabout at any hour as a bonus!

I was thinking Chicago too. I've never been there that's kinda why I want to go.

Could always do the Bourbon trail, great places to stay in Bardstown and surrounding areas. How about heading to Mammoth Caves, also incredible and great places to stay. Chicago I must say is a pretty sweet city, although their murder rate is skyhigh this year.:eek:

I agree Chicago is a great option, and really I do not think it's that expensive unless big objective is drinking. Food is a tad higher but eat cool places, Pizza Joints, Ed DEbivics, hit the sears/hancock towers, the pier, good times.

I actually need to take the wife there soon.

I was looking at trying to find a city.

I don't want to go to nashville (im going soon after this trip).

I planned on getting a deal on one of those sites. Just wanted opinions on a city to go to.

I'm going to agree with all, Chicago.

However noticed you said you'll be in Nashville soon. Gimme a shout while you're down, I'll meet you for a beer!

My home town Detroit. It takes half a tank to get there and there is plenty of stuff to do. Up north Mi mackinaw island is cool a bit far but some nice parks up there and a lot of things to do if you like the outdoors

Edited by SirPsycho

What hotel should I stay at in Chicago?

When I've visited, I've stayed here:

Sheraton Chicago Hotel

301 East North Water Street

Chicago, IL 60611

Right on the river/lake and within walking distance of nearly everything you'll want to see/do in the downtown area--parks, museums, pier. Ask for a water view (my preference) but there aren't any bad views. Very cool area along the River Esplanade with lots of bars/restaurants. A bit of a splurge, but you can call last minute and get discounted rates; just don't try to go during a busy convention week. Why stay outside of the downtown area and have the hassle of driving in and parking every day...As Loreal says, "You're worth it!"

https://plus.google.com/107753058936437881920/about?gl=us&hl=en

One last warning...Most of the downtown hotels charge an ADDITIONAL $35-$50 per day to park in their garage, and you'll pay to go in/out as well. You could prolly find a lot with a cheaper per diem, but less convenient and not as secure. Plan accordingly.