New Toy

Exarch

F4i's aren't that tall...how short are you exactly there exarch?? Nice new ride ya got there btw!!

Same question? How tall are you? How much are you planning on lowering it that you need a new kickstand?

This was my last bike. I'm 5 ft 2 and I didn't lower it. I have adjusted the dog bones in the past on other bikes but it never required a new kickstand.

Congrats on the new bike. My f4i was a blast. I'm sure you will love it.

F4i%2520rear%2520side%2520pipe.JPG.JPG

Edited by Mary#17

Same question? How tall are you? How much are you planning on lowering it that you need a new kickstand?

This was my last bike. I'm 5 ft 2 and I didn't lower it. I have adjusted the dog bones in the past on other bikes but it never required a new kickstand.

Congrats on the new bike. My f4i was a blast. I'm sure you will love it.

F4i%2520rear%2520side%2520pipe.JPG.JPG

5'5 The bike is dropped 1.5 inches already, when dismounting you need to lift up on the bike to raise the shocks so it will stand up, otherwise it will just tip over. I have the link to raise it up, but I'm not gunna raise it unless I decide I don't like it lowered after getting to know her better. On my 250 I could put 1 foot on the ground just fine or just hold it up on my tippy toes which was fine aswell, but after riding the F4I a couple times it's nice being able to get both my feet 80% on the ground at a stop.

cute bike...

But i definitely agree with others, you should have no pain in your arms or wrists...

your abs should be sore for a while, but while riding you should be able to let go of the handle bars without falling onto the tank. Feet on the pegs, knees in the tank, and core supporting your upper body. Calves, abs, and thighs working.

The pain in your wrists is your forks bottoming out. 1/3 or more of your fork travel is gone because your tubes have been slid up so far in your triple clamps. That 1.5 lowering you're talking about was that in the rear too or did they just do your forks? Personally I'd adjust that back up a bit, & I bet your OE kickstand will even work then. Easy to try, it wouldn't take 10 minutes.

1.5 is back and front, no pain in the wrist, I just feel the bumps more in my arms since I was actually putting pressure on the bars(I know lose arms...) With my arms locked. I may put risers on if I can find em for the F4I :dunno: before I do anything drastic like that though I want to get a proper assessment of the bike though to see how well I adjust. I probably won't even get her on the pavement till spring though, unless my dad wants to insure and tag it before then, otherwise I'll just let it sit on stands uninsured and without plates till then. I'm in no rush to play with her just yet cuz I'm not a huge fan of the cold. If I had my other bike I'd still ride it as weather permitted, but I don't think there is enough days that I would want to ride left to make it worth it :dunno:

Nice bike, I had the opportunity to rag on a 2006 f4i for a while. It's a great bike IMO, riding position is comfy yet still sporty. The styling is still sporty and it will pretty took everything I threw at it. Even raced one of my friends on his 2005 600rr and I was able to keep up/ beat him in a straight line, and he weighed less than me :D. But we all know anyone can go fast in a straight line.

Only thing I would change if I owned one would be a 03 tail swap. (I think that's the year) I don't like the banana seat.

Sent from my iPhone

everyone hates on the banana seat but let me tell you after going from a couple different bikes with split seats to the VFR with the banana seat, I'll take the banana seat for comfort all day any day. Doesn't inhibit riding ability or getting a cheek off the seat at all

I got the old nanner seat, not a fan of them either. I doubt I can buy a cowl, but I'm gunna eventually check on one. The custom seat is a 2 piece, which is nice, but it still has that one piece look that I'm not the biggest fan of, well actually I'm not a huge fan of the passenger seat on any sports bike really. I also gotta check into a helmet lock for the bike, not sure which style/location I want for it yet though.

if the f4i is anything like the 600rr, you can buy a cheap cable for like $10 and hooks under the seat and you put the seat on and locks it in place

Once you do a 350 mile ride on a banana vs a split, your ass will be thanking you later

everyone hates on the banana seat but let me tell you after going from a couple different bikes with split seats to the VFR with the banana seat, I'll take the banana seat for comfort all day any day. Doesn't inhibit riding ability or getting a cheek off the seat at all

Oh it is super comfy. But it is also super ugly lol.

Sent from my iPhone