crash on broad street 10-17-12

namtugeoj

Anyone hear of a mc crash about 4:00ish on wednesday the 17th in columbus? I cant find any details all i know is what i remember. Had the green going toward 71 then lady turned left in front of me. Left leg messed pretty bad. I have two rods in it. Right hand the tendons got shered but are now back together. Had all my gear on. lady already admitted fault and was cited at site. Not sure what my bike looks like and havent been able to find any reports besides some assbackwards police reports. But then the corrected one, so two out there. Its funny in the report that lady said i accelerated when she started to turn. Why in the hell would i do that. I think i ended up laying it down on her left side. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Glad your ok in the grand scheme. I just did a quick search and came up with nothing. I'm going to venture to say your accident didn't get any press because this was the same day two motorcycle cops that were part of Michelle Obama's motorcade crashed in Delaware.

I drove right past this picking my wife up from work. I drove past it again when I was leaving and they were just towning away the bike and van.

It was a tan minivan correct?

Glad to hear you are okay. As soon as I drove by and saw the bike on the ground I said a prayer to myself that the person would be alright.

The left side of the van was smashed in pretty good. I wondered how fast the impact was because of how smashed in the door was. The bike surprisingly didnt look to bad from what i could see. It was laying on it's left side iirc.

Did you think you ran into the side of a minivan and the bike stayed upright?? :wtf:

Glad you're ok!

Honestly i have no idea. So the chicks insurance agent called and said she is getting a lawyer and contesting that she was at fault. How can you contest after you admitted to the cop that it was your fault.

That all blows. I'm sorry to hear about your injuries and the wreck. The upsides (and there are many):

You're still here.

Your wife obviously loves you because she's giving you "the talk".

The bike is replaceable.

You're moving and have the perfect excuse for "supervising" during the move.:D

Ther are more upsides and I'm sure you'll figure them all out over time.

Honestly i have no idea. So the chicks insurance agent called and said she is getting a lawyer and contesting that she was at fault. How can you contest after you admitted to the cop that it was your fault.

Glad to hear that you'll be ok.

I had this happen in a car.

The idiot ran a red light(admitted to the police and in the report) and the company he worked for went to court with State Farm to re-coop for the damages to my car and the 500 deductible I payed out.

He LOST !!!

She has an uphill struggle on her hands. Just the layout of the accident puts he at a disadvantage and the only thing she can claim is that you ran the red. This is the oldest trick in the book (other than "he was speeding"). Don't lose any sleep over it. She would have to PROVE you ran the red. The fact that her insurance company is supporting her is not an issue either - they are contractually obligated to represent her, regardless of how stupid her claim is (within reason). it will go to arbitration and she'll be like a kid with chocolate on her mouth claiming she didn't eat that cookie.

My wife turned left in front of someone and our insurance fought it... Our claim was that of the 4 oncoming lanes, 3 stopped when the light changed and then after my wife began her turn a car emerged from the last lane at a "beating the light" speed. The result from the arbiter was; "Unless you can prove the oncoming car ran the red then the oncoming car is assumed to have right of way."

** If you need any moving help then PM me. Don't have a ton of spare time but I'll do what I can for a fellow biker/OR dude. I have access to a station wagon.