Need advice for a Job Interview tomorrow....

namtugeoj

Recently(as in a couple months ago) applied for a position with DFAS(military) and I was called to come in for a interview which happens to be tomorrow. I have never interviewed for a military and or government type position before. Is there anything I need to know, beside what the job is and associated skills?

a Friend of my job just got a job doing the same thing. Be yourself for the most part. Don't try to be someone you're not. They are really good at picking that up. They will ask for references and will actually sit down and drill those references. I had to do it for my friend and I felt like I was being interrogated for murder. So this interview wont be like any other. Stay relaxed and stay calm and you'll be fine.

Recently(as in a couple months ago) applied for a position with DFAS(military) and I was called to come in for a interview which happens to be tomorrow. I have never interviewed for a military and or government type position before. Is there anything I need to know, beside what the job is and associated skills?

Once you walk into the room, give the firmest handshake you can muster to the interviewer. The moment you sit down, thrust your right elbow on the desk like you're trying to break it in half, and wait for the ensuing arm-wrestle match to come. It's important to assert your dominance early. Take a Cisco console cable with you and wrap your forearms together, this shows that not only are you willing to stay close to your boss, but it also demonstrates that you have your own set of networking tools and you understand how to use them.

• Upvote 3

a Friend of my job just got a job doing the same thing. Be yourself for the most part. Don't try to be someone you're not. They are really good at picking that up. They will ask for references and will actually sit down and drill those references. I had to do it for my friend and I felt like I was being interrogated for murder. So this interview wont be like any other. Stay relaxed and stay calm and you'll be fine.

Even if the job does not call for security clearance beyond basic clearance that most jobs have?

Even if the job does not call for security clearance beyond basic clearance that most jobs have?

You're interviewing directly with the DoD. The janitor could probably kick your ass. The mere fact that you're asking that question reveals your weakness, and when the guy from DSS reads this post in doing character research it's going to take a lot more than a spirited arm-wrestling match to keep that job. Here's a tip for when the DSS comes knocking: make sure you sweep the leg.

It's possible. I'm not sure what level of clearance if much at all my friend has. I just know that if you are working for any part of the government/military they are very particular about that.

You're interviewing directly with the DoD. The janitor could probably kick your ass. The mere fact that you're asking that question reveals your weakness, and when the guy from DSS reads this post in doing character research it's going to take a lot more than a spirited arm-wrestling match to keep that job. Here's a tip for when the DSS comes knocking: make sure you sweep the leg.

Not weakness just unknowing of the inner workings of the military. This is why i'm asking. I rather not screw this up as this is a great opportunity for me.