WTB 600ish cc sportsbike (considering ST aswell)

Exarch

200 bones in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad. I deem this deal to be acceptable, random internet person. Now, that being said, since you have all this time during the winter, the first thing I would do is get a service manual and change every single fluid in there. Brake, coolant, oil, headlight, the works. This way it doesn't matter what state it was when you bought it, you're starting from a baseline that you control (within reason, you can't replace everything). Replace brake pads since you're replacing the fluid, so come next year you've got a fresh set of pads to chomp down on and you'll get to see the condition of the old pads, if they were glazed, etc. New brake lines if you're feeling squirrely, but not a imperative. New tires if they need it. Definitely new plugs. All these things won't cost a arm and a leg, just a couple of bucks and a solid half-day to sit down and understand your new toy.

As you're running through the bike, you can take note at the condition of the engine, wire harnesses, if the previous owner tried any mods of his own, stuff like that. All good info to have.

Edited by Cheech

200 bones in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad. I deem this deal to be acceptable, random internet person. Now, that being said, since you have all this time during the winter, the first thing I would do is get a service manual and change every single fluid in there. Brake, coolant, oil, headlight, the works. This way it doesn't matter what state it was when you bought it, you're starting from a baseline that you control (within reason, you can't replace everything). Replace brake pads since you're replacing the fluid, so come next year you've got a fresh set of pads to chomp down on and you'll get to see the condition of the old pads, if they were glazed, etc. New brake lines if you're feeling squirrely, but not a imperative. New tires if they need it. Definitely new plugs. All these things won't cost a arm and a leg, just a couple of bucks and a solid half-day to sit down and understand your new toy.

As you're running through the bike, you can take note at the condition of the engine, wire harnesses, if the previous owner tried any mods of his own, stuff like that. All good info to have.

Thanks, I'll be sure to get acquainted with my new toy over the winter :) I know the back tire is new(less than 500 miles) due to a nail in the old tire. I'll probably end up draining all the fluids for the winter and tearing her apart to see all her goodies.

The first owner was a female, not sure exactly why she sold it, but she sold it at 1200ish miles to a guy in the airforce(wpafb) which sold it to the guy I'm buying it from at 6200ish miles due to a deployment. The current owner said the bike has just sat in the garage for the past couple months due to his wife being scared by it. So that's the history of the bike ownership. I will be the next owner of this bike(unless shit happens last minute) :D

I may end up changing the stock levers to Shorty adjustable levers, add a tank protector, new(or shorten current) kickstand, custom mirrors and possibly bar risers. Not 100% sure, but the kickstand is a must deal with issue as it's a stock stand on a 1.5inch drop and I probably won't raise it back to stock height. The levers are a little far for me so I'll probably do that over the winter aswell. The tank protector, mirrors and bar risers arnt too high up on my priority list, but I'll see.

Dude my buddy rides an '01 F4i and he rails. You couldn't even imagine riding that f4i hard. :lol:You don't have you to worry about the RR being better, trust me.

Thank you Nick. Is that because she's so pretty? Lol

Good choice on the f4i. It's an awesome bike and being a Honda it will last forever with minimal to no problems if you take care of it. I've had mine for 10 years and I still love it now as much as I did when I bought it. It's so comfortable it's hard to want to replace. Best everyday sport bike I've been on.

Thank you Nick. Is that because she's so pretty? Lol

Good choice on the f4i. It's an awesome bike and being a Honda it will last forever with minimal to no problems if you take care of it. I've had mine for 10 years and I still love it now as much as I did when I bought it. It's so comfortable it's hard to want to replace. Best everyday sport bike I've been on.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with my choice, the ONLY thing I noticed about the bike I didn't like is(this is dumb I know and I'll probably word it wrong) how little room the bars have to move from left to right before hitting the tank. I'm going to have to get used to backing it up and pulling forward/turning from a stop/slow pace without smacking the tank. I haven't ridden any other sports bikes besides the ninja 250/500 so not sure if it's like that on all more aggressive bikes or not. I'm sure I'll get used to it pretty quick though.

I know this won't effect riding and I'm surprised it didn't effect my u-turn I made, it's just more/less of a parking lot issue as I see it :dunno: oh well, I can't wait to start laying down some miles on her :D

are they not adjustable on the f4i?

Not unless you modify them or buy aftermarket. It's an easy mod if you wanted to do. There is a locating tab that is cast on the bottom of the clip on that nests into the top triple. Simply cut it off or narrow it down and you have adjustable stock height bars on the f4i.

Interesting, that is something I didn't know. My heli-bars are about 1/4" from hitting my tank at full lock on the VFR and I've just been too lazy/don't care to adjust them as I've gotten used to trying not to put my fingers in the way

Well, I'm glad to know I wasn't imagining it lol. I'm gunna leave my bars as is I think, unless I decide to get risers after getting to know her better. It was just awkward maneuvering around in the parking lot when I got on it, I'll just look stupid backing up and trying to roll past objects in my way for a while lol.