Deal's Gap Break Down

mango_sv

Was out playing around in my Jeep last Sat with the woman since it was raining. Went over thru Cade's Cove and across the Parson's Branch Road for some off road fun.

I did that road on my Shadow Spirit 750 a few years ago by accident. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done.

I did that road on my Shadow Spirit 750 a few years ago by accident. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever done.

It would be fun on a Dual Sport or SM. Not so much on a Sportbike or Cruiser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I blame Google Maps. I wanted to do Cades Cove then cut over to the Dragon. It routed me down that 'road'. So I get started and it's no big deal...pretty decent. That hard packed gravel for the first mile or two. I got no problem doing that on a light cruiser. Soon as it started up hill it went to crud as I am sure you know. It was kind of funny, I actually passed a car about half way up. An older couple that looked scared to death...pretty much the way I felt. The river crossings on the way down were certainly interesting too. Glad it was my Shadow and not my Nomad, I would have gone down hard for sure on that thing.

Good on ya man! I drove 30 miles to Whitehall when my buddies bike wouldn't start on him. Turned out to be his choke cable from the lever wasn't connected anymore, so an hour trip turned out to be a day of fixing his bike. Made 2 new friends throughout the mess and now he has a working bike!

Did it 5years ago two up with wife on the FZ1 with daughter & son in law on his Blackbird. Nothing scares me now. Those creek crossings are badass, water shot over my windscreen on the third one.:eek:

Did it 5years ago two up with wife on the FZ1 with daughter & son in law on his Blackbird. Nothing scares me now. Those creek crossings are badass, water shot over my windscreen on the third one.:eek:

I debated it on the SV, but rather take the slim chance of trashing it. I'm sure I could do it, but the one wrong foot placement and my bike it tore up isnt worth it.

I did parsons branch in a chevy HHR and got passed by a honda fit..lol

I got passed by a Toyota 4Runner and a Liberty. Had a Wrangler follow me all the way thru. You could tell the 2 that passed just wanted out. I was out to see stuff. Saw a black bear along there. Even caught it on the GoPro. y6e2ety3.jpg