Dyno Tuning shop recommendation

Gunner75

Im looking to get a Juice Box Pro or a Power Commander for my 650 mainly due to the backfiring that im getting after my exhaust mod. I know being that my exhaust is not a conventional exhaust that i can download a map for so itll be best to get a custom map done. Ive looked into Dyno tune done but i sent an email to Brian at his website about 3 weeks ago and never got an email reply. Given his prices to tune a bike thats the same size of mine im going to look elsewhere. On some of my research ive found the closest shop is in marysville at Marysville Motorsports. Ive not been able to find a review or recommendation for their shop on dyno tuning, I do know they have a Dayton Dyno on site and their rates are considerably cheaper then other shops. Im not looking to incite a flame war here so please dont take it as that. I know Brian is a recommended tuner and his reputation is outstanding. Just his prices/cost and time needed to go down to his location is not in my price range. It also leaves a slightly bitter taste when an email requesting more information goes unanswered.

he's super busy i'd try again...i made the 2.5 hour drive down based on recommendation and i'll be doing it again once i have the supercharger install done on my mustang. worth the drive, $ and time. he's a very nice guy...have you tried calling him or shooting a text?

Also Brian is pretty much working 24/7. Pm, email, call. Not everyone can sit at a computer and email people all day.

this also. he's a one man band. when he tuned my truck he was running on 2 hours sleep, did a great job (i see 20 mpg on the highway with a 6.0 awd tank, picked up 4 mpg and seat of the pants says hell yeah it has more get up and go) when i had questions about forced induction tuning i spoke to him as he was packing to go on a tuning run. he's literally busy all the time. worth it to get in touch though...call/text him.

James,

I just went through my old e-mails both read and unread and I do not see an-mail regarding a 650.

One thing to consider when looking for a tuner is find out how much detail they pay attention to the tune. If you find a shop who only tunes for WOT then that is what you are going to get. A bike that makes a dyno number and has fueling issues at part throttle cruising.

My cell is 614-778-8984.

Cost to do a map on your bike would be $250.00. I do not think you are going to find another tune as detailed as mine for the money.

James,

First off I owe you an apology.

I did a search using James and found your e-mail sent on the 7th of September. That is same day I had my mother down at Mount Carmel Hospital for the 3rd time in 2 months due to her heart. She is finally getting the open heart surgery that she needs tomorrow up at the Cleveland Clinic.

I have had a number of sleepless nights dealing with my ill Mother while working 7 days a week at the dyno. More then likely I had opened your e-mail from my phone and forgot to save it as new to respond when I got home.

I do not expect my excuses and family issues to earn your business.

However, I wanted to make a public apology in this thread for others to see that I did not let this e-mail go not responded on purpose.

My friends on this forum know of the hell I have been through with my mother the last 12 months.

James,

First off I owe you an apology.

I did a search using James and found your e-mail sent on the 7th of September. That is same day I had my mother down at Mount Carmel Hospital for the 3rd time in 2 months due to her heart. She is finally getting the open heart surgery that she needs tomorrow up at the Cleveland Clinic.

I have had a number of sleepless nights dealing with my ill Mother while working 7 days a week at the dyno. More then likely I had opened your e-mail from my phone and forgot to save it as new to respond when I got home.

I do not expect my excuses and family issues to earn your business.

However, I wanted to make a public apology in this thread for others to see that I did not let this e-mail go not responded on purpose.

My friends on this forum know of the hell I have been through with my mother the last 12 months.

Brian, you owe me nothing. You were dealing with family and family must always come first. I can not and will not hold that against you. I will tell you now. Given that you offered just an apology I would have right away reconsidered. After the given reply as to how and why. Please accept my apologies as being such an ass for not continuing to try to reach you. Sometimes my expectations of business owners is a bit extreme and I usually expect someone to respond within a few days. Sometimes that causes me to be an asshole and as such i apologize. I can say considering the politeness in your post you are on top for my choices, despite the price. I did some checking around with locals who i personally know, and they say your tunes cant be beat for the quality and detail put towards.

^ agreed great on both parts!!

That being Said.. you get what you pay for .. you will NOT find a better tuner. brian is the man.... he has done both the wifes' and my bike and an old truck.. and when i get things straightened out my raptor...

as its been said so many times.. if you go someplace else your wasting your money!

I have nothing but good things to say about Brian and DTM. I've felt with some other places (who shall remain nameless) that did just wot tuning on my old car and being heavily modified and turboed it was almost undrivable. I took a chance going to DTM and ill never take a vehicle anywhere else for tuning. It may be more then the other guys buys its damn worth it. Thanks again for the tune on my f4i, hope to do business again soon

Depending where you are, I had www.ryanschnitz.com tune my SV. Did an amazing job. Had it on and off the dyno 4 times for me to take it for test rides. Literally told me take it for a test ride as long as I wanted. Said he would be waiting on me to come back. Came back and he was working on his drag bike. Any guy that can tune a 6 second bike can tune my junk. $250 for a custom tune isn't bad at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

random question

Is the rate usually the same of carb bikes or is there really no tuning for em?

Most shops don't like to deal with dynotuning carb'd bikes. To properly set up the carbs you have to get the wrenches out and get dirty changing jets and so on. EFI and a power commander is straight up keyboard work.....