Nelson Ledges October 1st, 12th or 13th?

RHill

Anyone planning on going to Nelson on October 1st, 13th or the twilight on the 12th?

I would love to go to Putnam or Grattan, but its just too damn far to travel right now.

Edited by RHill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, there's a twilight on the 12th? I don't know how I missed that one!

I'm watching the weather for the 1st. If it's good, I'll take the day off. The 13th may be doable too, but I'll probably have to leave a little early since there's a concert that night that I'm going to. But the 12th...knowing that's going on may rearrange my schedule.

Depending on weather, I could be at any one of those. I have yet to visit Nelson on good tires.

I'll be trying to make the twilight, kind of curious when they normally shut it down this time of year?

I'll be attending Nelson Monday, hopefully there is a decent turnout(never been to a weekday event before).

Wait, there's a twilight on the 12th? I don't know how I missed that one!

I'm watching the weather for the 1st. If it's good, I'll take the day off. The 13th may be doable too, but I'll probably have to leave a little early since there's a concert that night that I'm going to. But the 12th...knowing that's going on may rearrange my schedule.

Depending on weather, I could be at any one of those. I have yet to visit Nelson on good tires.

Think I screwed up. I was looking off the Nelson site and it lists the Friday twilight, but it doesn't show on the MotoSeries website. I'll ask Todd on Monday, but I'm doubting it is scheduled if it doesn't show on MotoSeries. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Had an absolute blast today!

Turnout was light so intermediate and advanced was combined after lunch. After 10 sessions I'm beat and so is my rear tire....going to have to flip it for the next trackday.

Had an absolute blast today!

Turnout was light so intermediate and advanced was combined after lunch. After 10 sessions I'm beat and so is my rear tire....going to have to flip it for the next trackday.

Awesome riding with you today, bro! Looking forward to next time!

Well video from yesterday turned out a little crappy. Switched out my windscreen from black double bubble to stock, so my windscreen mount wasn't an option. Didn't even think to use the helmet mount. Had some trialing footage, but it was either really foggy or no one was behind me. So here is 5 minutes of my semi-improved body positioning. Really need to work on my right hand turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiJLhOcS8kU

Marty, where all were you posted up snapping photos? The only spot I noticed you was the inside of the carousel.

I was on the outside of 4, inside 7, inside 13, inside carousel. I was damn tired after being at Putnam all weekend. I have them sorted, but need to finish Putnam first.

that had to be a hell of a trip to be at putnam then nelson the next morning.....it is about 7 hours, right?

I wanted to go, but it is hard to justify with all the more track time I have. I need to get more seat time and doubling the cost of a track day for gas/hotel and all the other things would cut into that. Grattan is so tempting because the track looks AMAZING, but it is not manageable in a single day trip.

that had to be a hell of a trip to be at putnam then nelson the next morning.....it is about 7 hours, right?

I wanted to go, but it is hard to justify with all the more track time I have. I need to get more seat time and doubling the cost of a track day for gas/hotel and all the other things would cut into that. Grattan is so tempting because the track looks AMAZING, but it is not manageable in a single day trip.

Left work in Willoughby at 3:45 Friday. Got to Ashland around 5:30. Hauled ass until the Ohio border for our first stop. Stopped for dinner in Plainfield, Indiana around 10:00 and got into Cloverdale and the hotel around midnight.

Left Putnam Sunday at around 5:15, stopped in Plainfield again, got to Ashland around 11:30ish and home to Avon Lake around 12:45am. Crashed into bed around 1:00 and up at 5:30 Monday.

I was amazed that I didn't pass out during lunch.