went to dragons tail got a speeding ticket

ninjascott

Ok so went to deals gap/dragons tail this weekend got a speeding ticket was doing 63 in a 30 but the tennessee trooper wrote me for 44 in a 30. Any way of fighting it? The other thing is on the ticket he checked the automobile box instead of the motorcycle. I hate to just plea guilty and send in the payment its a 3point violation.

Ok so went to deals gap/dragons tail this weekend got a speeding ticket was doing 63 in a 30 but the tennessee trooper wrote me for 44 in a 30. Any way of fighting it? The other thing is on the ticket he checked the automobile box instead of the motorcycle. I hate to just plea guilty and send in the payment its a 3point violation.

You were doing 63 in a 30, but the officer does you a solid and writes you for 44 in a 30 so you don't get a reckless op ticket. Now you want to fight it? If you do fight it, I definitely wouldn't plan on going back anytime soon. Just my two cents.

You may also want to dig deeper into Tennessee driving law - I know some states, a minor speeding violation is a no-point deal. I got issued a ticket in a similar way in WV about 12 years ago - I was doing 80 in a 55, guy gave me 64 in a 55 because it's a no-point violation. They just wanted to show a ticket issued, get a little money in the coffers, and most importantly, make sure I slowed down.

you were doing 63 in a 30, but the officer does you a solid and writes you for 44 in a 30 so you don't get a reckless op ticket. Now you want to fight it? If you do fight it, i definitely wouldn't plan on going back anytime soon. Just my two cents.

this!!

I would do some searching before you get too worried because the points may not transfer from Tennessee to Ohio I got a ticket for 72 in 55 a few years ago in PA and the points did not transfer how ever it did show as speed violation on my record so insurance went up $54/yr for 3 years

I would do some searching before you get too worried because the points may not transfer from Tennessee to Ohio I got a ticket for 72 in 55 a few years ago in PA and the points did not transfer how ever it did show as speed violation on my record so insurance went up $54/yr for 3 years

As I understand it, points never transfer to Ohio from any state. Tickets used to never transfer at all, but now most (maybe all now) states are connected to share ticket information. So the ticket comes over, it hits your insurance, but no points are added to your Ohio license.

Just pay it and go on. I got one on the Cherohala back in June. I was running about 95 in a 45. Cop wrote it for 60. They just want the money and saving you the time of traveling back to court. Go down, have fun, and if you get caught pay your dues.

Speeding tickets pay for the emergency services down there, just chalk it up as your donation to the county ambulance budget.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

beating a dead horse...

I've had plenty of tickets in my life. I've fought many.

I've come to the realization that if I did the crime, I pay the fine. Just gotta man up.

if he was in the wrong it is one thing. But in this case, maybe this will teach you to take it to the track. It's cheaper in the long run.