Fall Leaf Tour 2012

Unk Greg

Posting up. Next Fall Leafy and Amish Country Tour will be October 7, a Sunday. Closed loop was 125 miles. This year starting in Danville at, for a lack of a better description, the square. This is the BP gas station. Meeting @11AM....folks can gas up and we will gather at the station and at any surrounding open parking. Departing at 11:30AM.

Ride will end .... because of popular demand....at the Iron Pony Saloon. The closed loop mileage was the return to Danville.

Extending the invitation to you folks.

As always...rain or snow we don' t go.

Motocyclista...er motoclista...uh, Lance, we are going past Grandma's restaurant in Charm....since it is Sunday no doubt closed. Iron Pony Saloon could be a whole book..."the gunfire held off until 10PM".....NO, Just kidding....but I am curious about the poles in the middle of the dance floor in the basement....may hafta peek in some night after dark....

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

True on structural function....it'd be the secondary function after copius amounts of alcohol and loud music urges.

Somebody YouTube it. Me widdle phone ain't that advanced....Iron Pony Saloon, Loudonville. BUT we will be there in daylight! Smiling y'all.

Check out ride completed....some minor adjusting to be done at north section. Can't tell ya elapsed time for route as I picked up the pace due to rain clouds....home in 3hrs and beat rain. One more dry run, pardon-the-pun, before actual outing.

Itza doer, smooth roads, scenic views up top of ridges...will be a nice ride.

And as always....Rain or Snow .... we don' t go.

Blitz...ya need to do the Fall ride...I owe ya one helpin' us out. Just run up 586 to Martinsburg and 62 to Danville.

Grayling....uhmmm, Hunter's Ice Cream parlor, Sorenson's drug store, the little restaurant across the street.....if ya turned left on main highway. (172?)after having lefta camp...it'd be Dingman's bar a few miles. Uhmmm, I heard about.....

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Blitz...ya need to do the Fall ride...I owe ya one helpin' us out. Just run up 586 to Martinsburg and 62 to Danville.

Grayling....uhmmm, Hunter's Ice Cream parlor, Sorenson's drug store, the little restaurant across the street.....if ya turned left on main highway. (172?)after having lefta camp...it'd be Dingman's bar a few miles. Uhmmm, I heard about.....

Thanks for the invite LCBS but I'd have to leave the house at 930ish to be at the meetup in time and it'll be just too cold for me. I rode around a little this afternoon and was pretty cold actually. Maybe next time. I do have a ride posted for Tuesday if you or anyone else wants to go. Some beautiful roads planned.

PS: If you guys are going to Iron Pony and need some all season riding pants they have a steal of a deal. To the right of the dressing rooms in the back and to the left of the helmets they have some Star motorcycle pants on closeout for $44.99. They have a few mens left but most were womens. I tried on a pair of the size 12/14 womens and they fit perfectly. For $145 off retail I'll wear women's riding pants all day. And you can't even tell their not mens. They have knee armor, waterproof, zip out liner, all the extras.

Ok... got my hands thawed out enough to use a keyboard... about 265 miles round trip from our house, average temperature 47F, nice scenery, good food, great company! All in all, a success... albeit a chilly and slightly damp one... heh.

Next time, we bring snivel gear!