Dayton I-35 COP COP COP!!

pt377

They're all over I-71 North and South between State Route 68 and I-275 in Cincinnati, too. They're mainly around the construction areas, in front of King's Island and by the weigh station on I-71. Take it easy on the interstates today. I just came from Cincinnati and saw all sorts of cars pulled over.

Sucks there's no stealth for us Brocks' owners. I was lucky the other day at I-75 south to I-70 east ramp split with a statey sittin' sideways along the rightside guardrail but I wasn't speeding, so I pulled the clutch and gave him a friendly "brap, braaap":D

• Upvote 1

I've been all over Dayton today, from springboro to beavercreek, downtown, Urbana, Sydney, back through Troy, by the airport and I'm out in eaton now. There are cops everywhere! I knew that they would be everywhere before I took off this morning but they're even worse than I had anticipated. So the name of the game this weekend is speed limit.... sad to say.

35 was crazy thismorning (around 9:30am) cuz of a lil bit of construction in the left hand lane(just past the smithvill onramp headed to 75) so my normal commute of maybe seeing 5-10 cars from the smithville onramp all the way to the 75 onramp there were probably 100+ cars i saw. I was running late to work(as usual) and couldn't pass anyone, we were all doing about 60-65 though(which is the normal flow of traffic on 35) and I noticed there was a clearing in the right lane about a good quarter mile long and no one was touching their breaks, so I go over to the far right lane and crank down on her.... I didn't even see the cop untill it was all the way up on him(cuz I never ever see a cop on 35 on the way to work) So ya, I ended up flying by the cop at about 90mph, but when I got a good look at him he was on the phone just watching traffic, not even caring about his radar lol. I didn't bother slowing down(till I was forced to by cars infront of me) after I passed him either.

I wonder how well radar detectors pinpoint bikes though? I've never been pulled over on my bike(although every single day the speedcam on smithville right before airway snaps my picture, I only do 40 past that cam, if they ever decide to send tickets to me I'll probably have a couple hundred or so lol)

...I wonder how well radar detectors pinpoint bikes though?...

Radar works on the amount of signal returned. This is called a Radar Cross Section (RCS). Even a small object can be noisy and gather a good return signal. A motorcycle is not smooth compared to sheet metal on a car, and has a large return signal regardless of plastics. Plastics are somewhat transparent to radar.

The two largest returns on a car, from the front, are the radiator, and stuff inside including the driver. Yes, the glass is transparent to radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Someon eis not gone to be riding if I get a ticket and you don't pay it. If I get a 100.00 ticket for you riding the bike I will sell the bike for the cost o the unpaid tickets. I think I might have some OR whe wouldnt mind a 2011 ninja for a few hundred dollars.

quote=Exarch;891656]35 was crazy thismorning (around 9:30am) cuz of a lil bit of construction in the left hand lane(just past the smithvill onramp headed to 75) so my normal commute of maybe seeing 5-10 cars from the smithville onramp all the way to the 75 onramp there were probably 100+ cars i saw. I was running late to work(as usual) and couldn't pass anyone, we were all doing about 60-65 though(which is the normal flow of traffic on 35) and I noticed there was a clearing in the right lane about a good quarter mile long and no one was touching their breaks, so I go over to the far right lane and crank down on her.... I didn't even see the cop untill it was all the way up on him(cuz I never ever see a cop on 35 on the way to work) So ya, I ended up flying by the cop at about 90mph, but when I got a good look at him he was on the phone just watching traffic, not even caring about his radar lol. I didn't bother slowing down(till I was forced to by cars infront of me) after I passed him either.

I wonder how well radar detectors pinpoint bikes though? I've never been pulled over on my bike(although every single day the speedcam on smithville right before airway snaps my picture, I only do 40 past that cam, if they ever decide to send tickets to me I'll probably have a couple hundred or so lol)

• Upvote 3

please send a pm when you get said tickets.

Someon eis not gone to be riding if I get a ticket and you don't pay it. If I get a 100.00 ticket for you riding the bike I will sell the bike for the cost o the unpaid tickets. I think I might have some OR whe wouldnt mind a 2011 ninja for a few hundred dollars.

quote=Exarch;891656]35 was crazy thismorning (around 9:30am) cuz of a lil bit of construction in the left hand lane(just past the smithvill onramp headed to 75) so my normal commute of maybe seeing 5-10 cars from the smithville onramp all the way to the 75 onramp there were probably 100+ cars i saw. I was running late to work(as usual) and couldn't pass anyone, we were all doing about 60-65 though(which is the normal flow of traffic on 35) and I noticed there was a clearing in the right lane about a good quarter mile long and no one was touching their breaks, so I go over to the far right lane and crank down on her.... I didn't even see the cop untill it was all the way up on him(cuz I never ever see a cop on 35 on the way to work) So ya, I ended up flying by the cop at about 90mph, but when I got a good look at him he was on the phone just watching traffic, not even caring about his radar lol. I didn't bother slowing down(till I was forced to by cars infront of me) after I passed him either.

Oh snap! I might actually be able to my wife on a bike if it only cost a few Franklins. :)