Swappers Day, Johnstown, Sep 1,2,3

chevysoldier

Gun prices on the tables are always retarded, but sometimes they don't know what they have. I got a Franchi Law12, mint, for $300 a few years ago and a 1914, un-altered preWWI No1mkIII with volley sights still intact for $75. Sold that gun for $650 a month later.

Gotta know what you're looking at, and keep an eye out for what's walking around.

I always go, it's just up the road from me. The freak watching alone makes it awesome, and I love watching the dogs swim. The tool deals are worth it, too. I stock up on dremel and die grinder accessories every year.

Gun prices on the tables are always retarded, but sometimes they don't know what they have. I got a Franchi Law12, mint, for $300 a few years ago and a 1914, un-altered preWWI No1mkIII with volley sights still intact for $75. Sold that gun for $650 a month later.

Gotta know what you're looking at, and keep an eye out for what's walking around.

I always go, it's just up the road from me. The freak watching alone makes it awesome, and I love watching the dogs swim. The tool deals are worth it, too. I stock up on dremel and die grinder accessories every year.

Freak watching? Yes.

Tool deal? They're hit and miss. Some are priced just below retail, and some are really good deals! As with the guns, you have to know what you're looking at!

Freak watching? Yes.

Tool deal? They're hit and miss. Some are priced just below retail, and some are really good deals! As with the guns, you have to know what you're looking at!

Yeah, for sure the tools are all over the place but there's one vendor there that always has die-grinder shit for way less than HD or Lowes, and they're very good quality...hold up better than Harbor Freight shit.

There's also a guy that sells Stihl Ultra 2-smoke oil for like 1/2 of what it retails around here for, I use the hell out of that stuff. Last year I bought everything he had.

I'll be curious to hear your review. Reviews of it from yesterday makes it sound like they replaced the dealers with used car sales people who believe "everything they have is invaluable and what you have is worthless".

I'll be curious to hear your review. Reviews of it from yesterday makes it sound like they replaced the dealers with used car sales people who believe "everything they have is invaluable and what you have is worthless".

^^^

THIS, Seems like it gets worse every year. Used to be a lot more guns as well.

I sold 2 guns, really wasnt going to sell unless i found a .38 i wanted but both sold for what i thought was a hi-ball price so i said fuck it and let them go. Sold my maveric 88 tacticool set up for $250 and a S&W 22a for $200 prob $50 more each than i thought i would get. Ill take that dough to fin or vances and get me the .38 i want.

Good seein the bubbys out in force with thier womins supportin' the OR T's.

Bowdog....You guys ever make it over to westland?

Edited by 2talltim

I sold 2 guns, really wasnt going to sell unless i found a .38 i wanted but both sold for what i thought was a hi-ball price so i said fuck it and let them go. Sold my maveric 88 tacticool set up for $250 and a S&W 22a for $200 prob $50 more each than i thought i would get. Ill take that dough to fin or vances and get me the .38 i want.

Good seein the bubbys out in force with thier womins supportin' the OR T's. You guys ever make it over to westland?

I didn't know you were going, until we were headed back to my dad's truck to leave. I saw an Ohio Riders sticker, noticed it was on a Tahoe, then saw the Freddie Chevy sticker on the back. I then knew it was 2talltim.

I thought there were a LOT of guns, but not much cool stuff. A few older ones here and there, but mainly some beat up stuff, and even the decent stuff was way over priced.

There were a few decent deals on tools, but not on anything that I need. Anything that I need was priced at retail, if not above.

All in all, it was just a time to hang out with my dad, which doesn't happen, just the 2 of us, all that often anymore.

I didn't know you were going, until we were headed back to my dad's truck to leave. I saw an Ohio Riders sticker, noticed it was on a Tahoe, then saw the Freddie Chevy sticker on the back. I then knew it was 2talltim.

I thought there were a LOT of guns, but not much cool stuff. A few older ones here and there, but mainly some beat up stuff, and even the decent stuff was way over priced.

There were a few decent deals on tools, but not on anything that I need. Anything that I need was priced at retail, if not above.

All in all, it was just a time to hang out with my dad, which doesn't happen, just the 2 of us, all that often anymore.

Yup that was my rig. Last min. thing for me, my buddy said he was bored so we went and just threw some guns in the truck. Buddy bought a $30 Bluray off some mexicans (he hopes it works), and i got a $5 Reds hat off the commies. Ate some fair food and bolted. Cool you got to hang with your dad.