Titanium Suppressors for $600 - 5.56 or .30 cal

Rootney

Knowing there are so many gun guys on here, I figured I would pass along info on a crazy cheap deal for full titanium suppressors. There is currently a group buy on Templar Tactical Suppressors. If your interested in a titanium suppressor for the price of most companies stainless steel cans then here is your chance to save some serious coin.

***Templar Tactical Group Buy***

There seems to be a problem with the link right now. The forum where the Group Buy is listed seems to be down. Try the link a bit later and hopefully it will work properly.

Edited by Rootney

Ive seen this GB going on and it could turn out to be a helluva deal. Unfortunately I have not seen and POI shift or accuracy results but still looking like they could be a contender in the precision suppressor market.

Im still a big fan of Thunderbeast at this point but I may have to see what it takes to play with a demo can of one of the Archangels and Ark556

Edited by flounder

Ive seen this GB going on and it could turn out to be a helluva deal. Unfortunately I have not seen and POI shift or accuracy results but still looking like they could be a contender in the precision suppressor market.

Im still a big fan of Thunderbeast at this point but I may have to see what it takes to play with a demo can of one of the Archangels and Ark556

With the company being rather new I am a little concerned about quality as well but at that price I may take my chances and order one. I looked at a group buy for Thunderbeast but they were still $960 for a .30 cal. That is a bit out of my price range for a suppressor.

With the company being rather new I am a little concerned about quality as well but at that price I may take my chances and order one. I looked at a group buy for Thunderbeast but they were still $960 for a .30 cal. That is a bit out of my price range for a suppressor.

That may be true but when it comes to quality and precision, buy once cry once and the TBAC 30P-1 is basically the top rated precision can on the market..

Dont buy a can just because of price.. Quality is key, especially on a precision rifle.

That may be true but when it comes to quality and precision, buy once cry once and the TBAC 30P-1 is basically the top rated precision can on the market..

Dont buy a can just because of price.. Quality is key, especially on a precision rifle.

I really don't know much about suppressors. Since these are thread mounted, not QD, what other factors would affect accuracy? I understand that there may be some POI shift but as long as it is minimal and consistent that is to be expected isn't it?

Edited by Rootney

I can get pretty much every can out there, ill have to check out thunderbeast. I have yet to see a titanium can that cheap. Titanium is really expensive, and for a while it was hard to get. YHM had to slow production of their titanium phantom for a while because they couldnt get enough of it.

I really don't know much about suppressors. Since these are thread mounted, not QD, what other factors would affect accuracy? I understand that there may be some POI shift but as long as it is within reason and consistent that is to be expected isn't it?

Baffle design has a lot to to with PIO shift, cold bore shift, grouping capability, etc. You have to rememeber that a suppressor is taking 50KSI in pressure and redirecting that gas as well as turning it into heat to create sound suppression.

Some cans will work great for the first few rounds and then as they heat up, they will start to string shots, change in tone etc.

If you are just shooting at 100-300 yards and are shooting 6 inch groups, probably not going to impact you. No for a precision shooter, when a can starts to heat up and start having PIO shifts, group size changes, etc. This could mean that you completely miss your target at further ranges. Remember, 100-300 is nothing like shooting 600-1800 yards.

I can get pretty much every can out there, ill have to check out thunderbeast. I have yet to see a titanium can that cheap. Titanium is really expensive, and for a while it was hard to get. YHM had to slow production of their titanium phantom for a while because they couldnt get enough of it.

Dale, PM Inbound..

Check out the SAS Ti Arbiter. It can be had for ~$750 and flounder and I can both attest to the quality.

So turns out my buddy already has 2-3 of their cans so I will check them out and let you know. Of course I probably wont have time to check them out by the time the GB is closed.

Did your friend provide any feedback on his experience with the Templar cans.

FYI, Early review done by Lowlight on the hide. These cans are looking very promising especially at the group buy pricing.. Get em while you can.

Review is here.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3552596&gonew=1#UNREAD

------------------------------------------------------------

Templar Tactical's .30 Cal Archangel Suppressor

TTF_012.jpg

Today I took the Templar Tactical Archangel 30 caliber suppressor out for the firs time to give it a look. This is a new suppressor from them on the block, Ti and can be taken apart, so I was excited to try it.

Basic Specs:

14.8oz.

9.25" long

Ti Monocore design

258549_10151173246537953_1507233079_o.jpg

I mounted the suppressor on a 20" Bartlien barreled AX Rifle, and I am very happy to say, i had excellent results for a basic, initial test. And like most it appears to be even better after being shot.

TemplarSuppressor-4.jpg

What I did was initially zeroed the AX without a suppressor, and confirmed the zero point on the center of the target. (see below) Then I mounted the suppressor and fired my initial group of 5 rounds marking each round as it appeared on the target.

TemplarSuppressorzero.jpg

Now it is not uncommon to see a new suppressor have a first round shift, some times it takes a bit to carbon up, settle in a bit, and the Archangel had a bit of shift but then quickly sucked into a nice group. (my shooting today was not my best, and I think I need to clean my rifle) But the suppressor grouped well. I immediately removed it after the 5 and set it off to cool. From there I shot my other suppressors to give a reference point.

TemplarSuppressor-1.jpg

I did mess up the TBAC group but initially grabbing a few 155gr Scenars, but caught that mistake early, I could feel it and see it. So I shot another 5 as well as followed it up later to confirm I indeed had made the mistake, so don't worry about that one. It was operator error as I had a mixed box of 308 I grabbed.

But looking at the accuracy and shift of the suppressors on this rifle you can see the Templar Archangel did very, very well.

Before leaving I shot one more group with the can more than 45 minutes off to the side cooling. So the last group at the top left was cold again.

TemplarSuppressorfinal.jpg

I have no clue what it was about me, but every group I blew the fifth round... probably moving my head in a different position as I was up and down for the shots quite a bit. Can't blame anything but me here, or I can, but who's gonna listen. :)

Anyway, this was my first set of shots with the Archangel and I will be heading out to shoot more and more with it, but wanted to drop a note that I find the suppressor very accurate and very well suited for a precision rifle.

It's a bit longer than most .30 cal suppressors, which is not a downside, and in fact probably makes a touch quieter, but over all I found it worthy of consideration. I am looking forward to shooting it more.

My only criticism would be that when tightening it down, i noted the sleeve turning when the end cap was tight, you can slip the Ti sleeve but clearly it did not effect anything.

With a price tag of $1099, I think you have a very good option in the suppressor world.

Flounder, thanks for the update. Sounds like Lowlight is pleased with the results of that small test. Makes me a bit more comfortable when considering a purchase.

Just wondering, if you were in the market for a suppressor, would you take a chance on one of these or stick with a proven product like Thunderbeast?

I went ahead and ordered one. Now the fun begins. Wait, wait & wait some more. Hopefully I will get it in my hands by next spring.

If it is in stock with them now then heres the average wait time for Ohio

~5-12 weeks to transfer from them to your local dealer that will do the transfer.

~5-8 months from the time you send in your paperwork and it gets in the system and hits pending status. It usually takes about 30 days from when they receive it until it goes pending

Hopefully the new electronic system for those individuals with trusts will be in place and running by then.

The best advice I can give you is to do your best to just forget about it otherwise it will drive you crazy!!

Which one did you get and what are you going to be putting it on?

The wait will definitely make drive me crazy. No way I'll be able to just forget. Oh well, guess it will make it that much sweeter when I finally get it.

What is the new electronic system?

Went with the Archangel. I'll be using it on my .308 and on my AR15 with a thread adaptor.