Audio bubbys - Amp troubleshooting needed

max power

That could be a possibility. I just had to put a new battery in after the repair. I'll try to get an eyeball on it tomorrow.

After posting that, I just thought to myself that I never did that very thing for my car, but then I remembered that I don't really need to, since the main battery cable does connect right to the body, then out to the engine block, since the battery is not easily accessible.

I have a slight noise in my system, I have 2 Kicker ZR series amps. My noise started when I replaced the alternator, I was just way too lazy to switch it out again for a warranty replacement.

I do have a Pioneer h/u, but the whine goes away when i unplug the rca's from the amp.

You may have burned a trace inside the amp to the rca ground,try wrapping a wire around the outside of the rca input the ground the other end.also a trick we used to do is run a long wire back ground the head unit to the same place the amp is to eliminate ground loop.