wild hog hunting in ohio

speedytriple

I think there are areas in SE Ohio. My wife's cousin shot a hog in Athens/Hocking area, but that was 10 years ago and a guided (read "canned") hunt. I do believe there are wild hogs down there, though

Tried it here once, but that was a long time ago. We had heard the stories, No closed season, no limit, no firearm restrictions... Grandma Faye's Grocery used to have a bunch of hero pics of hogs killed locally. Reports are apparently exaggerated. We spent a day and didn't see any sign at all.

In contrast, I went on a hog hunt in '04 in south central Texas... You could tell where the hogs had been. The ground looked like someone went crazy with a rototiller. We had a riot. Would have killed a lot more but we were using archery gear and mostly spot and stalking.

My uncle has tried to get info on some wild ones for a few years and never really turns anything up. At one point I believe ODNR had a map of sightings but there were so few sightings, with too small of numbers, and too far away for me to justify checking it out for myself. On a related note, I know someone on here posted a great video of a guy using his helicopter and an AR15(?) to bag a ton of them.

-Edit-

Found it; cmh_sprint posted it a little while back:

http://vimeo.com/21181307

Edited by imprez55

I did some checking on wild boar hunting here in Ohio a couple years back. I did find a couple of outfitters over on the SE side of the state that had some great success finding wild hogs.

At that time I was over in a gunshop in Lancaster and got to talking with a guy from down Macarthur way who was in picking up ammo for the hog hunting he was doing. He said there were a lot down his way, but wouldn't let me in on where I could get permission to hunt.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

I am looking for a place to hunt wild hogs in Ohio. I am interested in hunting on private property. I am willing pay to hunt on the property. I live in Preble County Ohio and have always wanted to hunt wild hogs. I am an experienced hunter, who has been hunting for 60 + years. If anyone knows about a place please either email me or call-text me at 937-533-5827. My friend is submitting this for me as she has access to computer and can email or text back. I am not into texting nor do I have email. However, she can take the information and pass it on to me. Then I can call to get further information. I would greatly appreciation any help locating a place to hunt in Ohio. My name is JB Asher and my friend’s name is Linda Hale.

Thank you,
JB Asher

I am looking for a place to hunt wild hogs in Ohio. I am interested in hunting on private property. I am willing pay to hunt on the property. I live in Preble County Ohio and have always wanted to hunt wild hogs. I am an experienced hunter, who has been hunting for 60 + years. If anyone knows about a place please either email me or call-text me at 937-533-5827. My friend is submitting this for me as she has access to computer and can email or text back. I am not into texting nor do I have email. However, she can take the information and pass it on to me. Then I can call to get further information. I would greatly appreciation any help locating a place to hunt in Ohio. My name is JB Asher and my friend’s name is Linda Hale.

Thank you,
JB Asher