Iron Pony

slingingchic

Love that place!! Bought all my gear there and still go back for some accessories and parts. Know people by name now! Lol

Matt at the counter very friendly. Actually all the guys were. I took my youngest with me, he was as excited as he was seeing the life sized Darth Vader at Disney MGM. (Hollywood) ;)

I was there today and bought a Joe Rocket mesh jacket, my previous mesh jacket gave me 8 wonderful years. And yes......that place makes my credit card smoke and my wife tell me "here is some lotion and some paper towels".:mad:

I've started tooling around the neighborhood with the kids on the back. Nothing over 25/30 MPH. I went looking for helmets was able to walk out with three xxs and xs full face, DOT, Vega helmets for $75 total. Can't beat that.

• 2 weeks later...
They get 90% of my business because they always have what I am looking for,and I would much rather drive 15min then wait 1-2 weeks for my stuff by online order.

I ordered my riding gloves online from IP, and they came in two days. So... I guess it was worth it for me! :)

I ordered my riding gloves online from IP, and they came in two days. So... I guess it was worth it for me! :)

Why would you order when you can just go up there and buy them w/out paying for shipping? You still had to pay taxes when ordering from them online....

Why would you order when you can just go up there and buy them w/out paying for shipping? You still had to pay taxes when ordering from them online....

Shipping was free, and I was lazy and didn't need the gloves ASAP since I was using my military combat gloves from Oakley at the time.

Shipping was free, and I was lazy and didn't need the gloves ASAP since I was using my military combat gloves from Oakley at the time.

Listen here Scoot... I don't wana hear your crap ;) NOW GET BACK TO WORK cause your always lazy! Next time ask me and I'll ride up to IP w/ ya you can bring Matt's wonderful GS500F... :motorcycle:

Don't be mad. I am just happy DISA unblocked Ohio Riders so we can view the wonderful knowledge contained within while "working"... Speaking of IP, I do need a tinted visor. Riding east on Broad in the mornings puts the sun directly in my face, which sucks.

Silly Scoot... They didn't put an exception in for OR, the proxy is down... Shhhh

• 2 weeks later...

Rode down there one day for the heck of it.

Sales man edit: Dan houser sp? Amazing. Dropped 600 bucks and had intentions of spending around 2ish for a helmet.

Slick set up, oil changes, tire changes, etc WHILE you wait...the catch being.......you have to go inside...where..you'll spend MORE money.

I'll be back, but likely order online.

Hell of a helmet selection. I called, asked, the guy at first laughed- yes, we have quite a few. How many I asked, a chuckle and he said.."about a thousand on the floor, but only about 40 different styles"

If you need a helmet, THATS a great place to try them on.

I generally have a good experience. Prices are nice and it's a fun way to burn a rainy weekend day driving down from Cleveland. I've bought both of my helmets from them since it's very nice to be able to try on so many different brands and sizes all at once.

My girlfriend was hunting for a pair of cordura riding pants for quite a while and I really hoped she'd find them at IP, but no luck. She's quite thin, and the only women's pants they had were more for show than for providing any protection. Yet you could walk over to the men's gear and find pants that would fit a 10 year old boy on closeout.

She did get a great jacket, and later found the matching pants online.

Is it me or is a lot of their gear "generic"? Everything packed in off to the right seems to be a lot of no-name stuff. It's weird walking through there sometimes.