2000 Suzuki TL1000R FOR SALE

BMMW

Bump, if I had some spare cash I'd throw my hat in the ring. Those things are cool. I am curious. what kind of money do you have in mind? What kind of money do these bring complete?

One in very clean/good condition like this one would be about 4-5k finished. You can find beat up TLR's for about 2-3k usually.

One in very clean/good condition like this one would be about 4-5k finished. You can find beat up TLR's for about 2-3k usually.

:stupid:

1 on the new Ohio title (Ohio BMV inspector didn't like the fact that my purchase had no guages)

9,500 on the bike (Ohio BMV wouldn't transfer the Indiana title mileage)

32,000 on the guages (Ohio BMV demanded I buy guages)

How do you know the exact miles if you did not have gauges? This is a great thought for a build and looks very clean. My fear is that the cost vs the amount of work is too much. I will think it over as I have some ideas on a street bike and have a friend that is also interested. The price is a bit steep, however...

How do you know the exact miles if you did not have gauges?

I'm going by the mileage that was indicated on the Indiana title, to indicate what was on the bike when I purchased it. Adding mileage I put on it brings it to around 9,500.

"Steep pricing"? Someone mentioned "You can find beat up TLR's for about 2-3k usually" Should I mangle mine a bit, to foster some interest?

If someone brings me $2K cash ...

.... just kidding.

I'm going by the mileage that was indicated on the Indiana title, to indicate what was on the bike when I purchased it. Adding mileage I put on it brings it to around 9,500.

"Steep pricing"? Someone mentioned "You can find beat up TLR's for about 2-3k usually" Should I mangle mine a bit, to foster some interest?

If someone brings me $2K cash ...

.... just kidding.

It's not beat up, but keep this in mind. Someone looks at this thing and has to take your word for it on the miles since it never had gauges. They then look at what the cost of fairings are going to cost. Finally, while it does have some cool changes from other Suzuki machines, it is a possible indicator that it has been crashed and possibly has chassis issues.

If you warranty against the frame being twisted or tweaked and can get a set of gauges that has at least closer miles to what you believe, it makes it a $3k maybe bike. The way it sits, $1500-$2k is really a fair price.

I stated steep because you were not accepting of $1500 which had me thinking you thought $4k was fair. That would be "steep" in my opinion.

That all being said, I like it. A lot. I am very interested as I have a design for a cafe racer for the bike and am looking into the things that will cause issue from a buddy in Chicago that does these types of things. I just am not interested if you think $1500-$2k is lowball.

I respect what you want out of it, but just trying to paint a picture of what potential buyers are going to think...

It's not beat up, but keep this in mind. Someone looks at this thing and has to take your word for it on the miles since it never had gauges. They then look at what the cost of fairings are going to cost. Finally, while it does have some cool changes from other Suzuki machines, it is a possible indicator that it has been crashed and possibly has chassis issues.

If you warranty against the frame being twisted or tweaked and can get a set of gauges that has at least closer miles to what you believe, it makes it a $3k maybe bike. The way it sits, $1500-$2k is really a fair price.

I stated steep because you were not accepting of $1500 which had me thinking you thought $4k was fair. That would be "steep" in my opinion.

That all being said, I like it. A lot. I am very interested as I have a design for a cafe racer for the bike and am looking into the things that will cause issue from a buddy in Chicago that does these types of things. I just am not interested if you think $1500-$2k is lowball.

I respect what you want out of it, but just trying to paint a picture of what potential buyers are going to think...

I understand the concerns buyers will have about a bikes history and condition, based on the no-bodywork state. Everyone knows a bike without bodywork has been down. I won't deny that, and I won't indicate it hasn't come through without a scratch. Questions should be asked, and I will do my best to answer them. It should be relatively easy to look at considering there's no bodywork covering anything. LOL

It is a rebuild. It has been looked at and improved on from its previous state and it has been regularly ridden for years. It works and does its job well.

If I could have found a clean set or if I could afford a new OEM set of bodywork, I would be keeping it for a long time. It's a unique bike that always gets me where I'm going and draws looks while getting there.

I'd like to move on to an RC8 or Duck as the next twin. Thus the reason for the sale.

If it's not a $3000 value to anyone, I will be keeping it for another year and adding some Beasley Bodywork over the winter. All I'd need is a custom painter to help me finish the job.

The way it sits, $1500-$2k is really a fair price.

This is a fair price for that bike. I have a TLR that has the fairings with only a few things yours doesn't, but with several things better than the one you're trying to sell. Such as my Ohlins rear shock, and 04 600 GSXR Front end with GP suspension cartridges in them. I could only fetch maybe $3500 for it if I wanted to sell it. You're missing $500-$1000 worth of plastics depending on what you want to get (OEM vs ABS china crap), and the rebuilt title. Sounds sketchy to me. I believe $1500 is really worth it with how it sits. Peoples time is very expensive. I.E. I don't want to have to spend the time searching and purchasing the parts for the bike that it doesn't have. I hate to be harsh, but $1500 is really what it's worth right now. Just because someone has a lot of time into something, doesn't really make it worth more.

You're missing $500-$1000 worth of plastics depending on what you want to get (OEM vs ABS china crap), and the rebuilt title. Sounds sketchy to me.

Rebuilt bike ... Yes.

Rebuilt or salvage status title ...NO.

It's a clean title bike with an odometer disclosure.

picture.php?albumid=1261&pictureid=14944 Trade ya my 2000 triumph speed triple for it?

Whoa, hey! A Monday morning trade offer! Damn you, I'm trying to reduce the amount of bikes in my garage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...