She's 99% finished

YSR_Racer_99

This one has been in mothballs for a couple of years. For some reason the key is stuck in the fuel cap, so waiting on another one. Otherwise, assuming it will still run, she's done. For now. Winter will see a tear down and clean up.

For reference, this is "before":

picture.php?albumid=1078&pictureid=11692

photobucket-1753-1343838052349.jpg

photobucket-3159-1343838103553.jpg

photobucket-6848-1343837876535.jpg

photobucket-6847-1343838021757.jpg

photobucket-4851-1343837971686.jpg

photobucket-6081-1343837997085.jpg

Edited by YSR_Racer_99
  • Upvote 2

Looks good. For the stuck key. Get some Lock Ease. It is graphite based. If you have put any thing else in flush it out first. Spray it in and wiggle it around. Be patient and don't force. Just spray and wiggle. It works when nothing else will.http://www.agscompany.com/lubricants/homehardware/179

Edited by Al Z. Heimer

Just a quick question, why does everyone cover up their tag number in pictures? You dont cover it up in public and riding it down the road gets it a lot more exposure that a interwebs pic.:dunno:just curious

Killer little ride!

1) Are those decals or paint?

2) Whats with the pipe on the right? The expansion chamber is way back there, just kind of weird setup but I'm figuring its a performance based design.

3) Are these bikes V2's or I2's?

Thanks again.

I've had it about 10-12 years.

I covered the plate because it goes out on the interwebz, and you never know where it'll end up nor who will see it. In truth, someone could find me easily enough, but I don't want someone to see it on the web, decide it should be theirs, then run the tag number to find out where it might be "living". I don't want to make it easier for them than it needs to be.

Engine-wise, its a 250 "v-twin" 2-stroke, thus the small silencers. RC is correct about the expansion chambers. Flat black, so hard to see.

The decals are all under clearcoat.

The bike is the NSR250 mentioned in my sig. Its a MC21 with a single-sided swingarm from an MC28 model transplanted onto it. Kick-start only, oil injected.

Its been Gap-christened, and I rode it from Springboro to Portsmouth and back one day. Great little bike. Stoked to get it back out on the road.

Looks fantastic! I'm literally drooling looking at those pictures.

I'm sure you probably get this pretty frequently, but if you ever decide to sell, let me know. I've always wanted one of this generation of 2-smokes, and this is an excellent example.