goodbye air us owning the air...

kawi kid

That was rather impressive. But, just like any other idea...I'm sure we (as in the "US of A") have thought about similar designs before and the reason we don't have them is there must be some other offsetting disadvantage to have that sort of maneuverability. That's my guess.

I'm not a pilot, and I've only seen Top Gun probably 7 times (which I'm sure qualifies me as a fighter pilot expert :D), but when would you even need that kind of aerial acrobatics? With weapons systems now-a-days, there's not much close quarter dogfighting going on, and if there was...if you're in a partial or full stall or go into a flat spin... even if you do recover, you're a sitting duck in those moments you're caught in that situation. So the more I think about it, this is more a 'safety' issue than anything else for when pilots get in over their heads, they've got a plane that can recover.

i was thinking it was a new plane still in development. Similar to the SU-30 in the sense that it changes thrust direction in flight for more "dog fighting" type manuvers that "seem to defy gravity". Not just a "v/stol" type..did that make sense????