7/21/12 neo -wv-seo-neo

NinjaDoc

Thanks for the vid! I just signed on to post a link to my version of Docs vid. I tried to send him the new link first to see if it was ok, but the stupid PM limit on this board wouldn't allow it.

Edited by RedLine19K
I didn't know you had the cam pointing back! prob better that way.

Thanks for taking the time to put the video together. I like how you used slo-mo in the sweepers to make it seem like I was riding. Seriously, video quality seems good to me. Now about the soundtrack....:rolleyes:

hahah, i was not a big fan of the music too. Usually i take hours to find the right track and then work on the video based on that. But this time i just slapped it on as i was too bored to work on the video. That why no sync or any soul in the video.

Great video as always, Doc! I don't think it was too dark at all.

I like that I can see my body position in a couple of the shots - gives a good indication of stuff I can work on (like keeping my line away from the double-yellow).

I, for one, like the soundtrack :D

Thx will, true watching yourself helps to improve a lot. Last time i saw myself on rhills video, till then i though i was shifting my body to the side enough for a street rider, but i realized i am just twisting weird and the head still right in the center.

The editing software decided to freeze after I had cut all the clips out and I had to start all over again. Frustrated, I threw this together real quick.

that always happens, now i micro edit when there is lot of footage like last day, edit out good stuff from different videos, and then put them all together again. the bad side is severely affect the quality of video due to multiple rendering.

Thx will, true watching yourself helps to improve a lot. Last time i saw myself on rhills video, till then i though i was shifting my body to the side enough for a street rider, but i realized i am just twisting weird and the head still right in the center.

Seeing other riders really does help. Maybe the VFRs make it easier to sit up. I need to do some flexibility exercises so i don't look like i'm riding with a back brace. Also Doc, your dash and side cam views were really helpful to see clutch and revs.

I try to avoid vtec in the turns, but you don't seem to worry about it. I was mostly riding 5k and only rolled thru 6700 on exit.

Seeing other riders really does help. Maybe the VFRs make it easier to sit up. I need to do some flexibility exercises so i don't look like i'm riding with a back brace. Also Doc, your dash and side cam views were really helpful to see clutch and revs.

I try to avoid vtec in the turns, but you don't seem to worry about it. I was mostly riding 5k and only rolled thru 6700 on exit.

ride behind Pauly enough and you'll figure out how to ride real fast sitting straight up :D

As far as the vtec, I am like that 90% of the time. The last couple big rides I've been on, mostly down around Deals Gap, I was keeping it over 7k and trying to keep it constant through the turn which really helped me from not getting absolutely left behind by all the damn fast people I had to associate with :p

• Upvote 1

Fwiw I keep mine out of vtec and seemed to keep up ok.

oh yea by all means I'm not saying you have to be up in the RPM zone. The RPM's really don't matter about keeping up with a group, I meant more in the fact it was easier for me to be smooth through the turn and not overcompensate with pinning it as I am coming out of a turn. Plus I'm kinda slow anyway but thats another story altogether

Like I said, 90% of my riding in 3 years on this VFR is beloww 6900 rpms (my vtec is tweaked with the tune)

Understood. I never usually go lower than 4th gear, I dont like the extra vibrations from vtec, maybe its different on your newer vfrs though. I also did the snorkel and flapper removal though and have a 2 brothers with no baffles so it might stem from that as well. Thinking im going to put the baffles back in for a change.

I don't usually find the vibrations to be too bad on mine until I'm up over 8000rpms but I do know what you mean in general. All I have is a pcIII and semi custom tune and two bros exhaust as well

Interesting to hear others' perspectives.

I used to ride in relatively high gears and try to carry more corner speed, but after my lowside a couple years back I now tend to have lower corner speeds but stay in a lower gear and accelerate more on the exit (the R1's exhaust note *may* have something to do with this as well).

Uncle Punk once recommended keeping the revs above 1/2 of redline pretty much all the time. I don't follow it religiously, but I do find it's easier to be smooth on the throttle when I'm not lugging the engine so much. The R1 is way over-geared for the street, so I was pretty much in second or third the whole ride.

I don't want to say the VFR is a totally different animal than an inline 4 but it has its quirks. The biggest quirk being where the VTEC engages happens to be the sweet spot of where most people would probably like to be. Hitting VTEC unexpectedly in a turn can give you some real butt puckering moments, especially if you're not used to it

If I had an I4 or anything else with out vtec I would keep it about 6-7k rpm. But thats where the vtec comes in and as bad mentioned you dont want to hit that transition in the middle of a turn. So you keep it higher and deal with the vibrations or lower and not have as much power or as much smoothness.

It is but it isn't. My PCIII really tamed it down to the point I don't remember the best how it was stock but it is quite unnerving to have it hit unexpectedly through a turn. Its kind of hard to explain without experiencing it. I'm also shitty with putting my thoughts into words so that doesn't help much either

with VFr i always tried to keep RPM above 7 when riding with spirited people, or else below 6. Above the vtech mark, its a different machine altogether. And mine is pure stock, no mods at all. So the kick in is very evident. It was UP itself who gave me the advice about keeping RPMs high. And accelerating out of corner is a nice feeling

next time i say we roll back to the easy ride mod, we been riding little bit (way more) faster than we should and that not a good sign when every one is trying to push the limits.

We can pace thru the corners but shouldnt race thru them

• Upvote 1

Sooooo, we ridin this weekend? I gotta see what this vtec chatter is all about!

sure we will :D longer distance slower pace though, these days we been doing crazy crap. gonna change that.

Edited by NinjaDoc