had to put down my best friend

2talltim

I picked her out the litter when I graduated high school, she was 17 yrs old, siberian huskey her name was Hershey.I knew it was coming this hot weather has not been good to her. Today I went out to check on her and she was leaning against the fence with blood running out of her mouth, and the flies would not leave her alone. So I decided it was time, and some don't want to hear this but it was only fitting that I do it myself, one shot and 2 more breaths and it was done. She was me and my wifes original kid, we raised her from a pup, she was a protector of my children and a best friend I could talk to when I didn't want anyone else to hear. R.I.P. girl we love you.:cry::(

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

Aw, thats too bad - she is no longer suffering and you are a big man for doing whats best, although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it. Sorry for your loss man, tough time I know

You have my deepest sympathy. We had to put down our 12yo pup just 3 months ago because of lymphoma. He wouldn't give up, and kept besting any prognosis the vet gave. Having to make that call for him was probably the most painful decision I've ever had to make.

Sad to hear, sorry for your loss! Remember the good times. You are a bigger man than I, as I don't know that I could have pulled the trigger.
Takes balls to do it yourself... respect.

She was suffering and i could not wait for a vet to get her after hours, plus ive seen the other way not go as smooth as planned. I just had to go do it without thinking. It was instant and hopfully painless.

Some folks can't fathom being responsible for ending suffering on that personal of a level. Some of us can. I'm sorry for your loss' date=' Tim.[/quote']

Could not agree more.......so sorry for your loss, she is no longer suffering, stay strong and know you did the right thing.