CBR1000RR frame model/borrow

Nuts&Volts

Hey guys,

I work with an Electric Motorcycle Team at Ohio State. We are beginning design of our next machine and have commited ourselves to using a CBR1000RR frame. 06-07 frame is what we are shooting for first, but other years will work as well.

We are trying to get a hold of a CAD or 3D model of the bike/frame in order to begin initial designs. Anyone have a source or a model that they would like to donate/share with the team? Another option is borrowing a chassis that someone is not currently using and model with it for a few weeks and then return it unaltered. Any takers on this?

We are also working with Honda in Marysville on this, but right now we don't have the right contacts (as they don't have a motorsports division there). And there may be a lot of red tape and such to jump through to get the model without waiting months.

Thanks

Kyle

Technical Team Lead

Buckeye Electric Motorcycle Race Team

Wish I could help on this cause it sounds awesome, but I can't. I'll keep an eye out though. You guys able/ willing to spend any money? Just thought that info would be helpful in case anyone saw a cheap one pop up somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

We would probably be able to spend some money. We really just want to borrow a frame for a week to get the info we need. Eventually we will be purchasing/getting donated a full chassis donated.

Hey guys,

I work with an Electric Motorcycle Team at Ohio State. We are beginning design of our next machine and have commited ourselves to using a CBR1000RR frame. 06-07 frame is what we are shooting for first, but other years will work as well.

We are trying to get a hold of a CAD or 3D model of the bike/frame in order to begin initial designs. Anyone have a source or a model that they would like to donate/share with the team? Another option is borrowing a chassis that someone is not currently using and model with it for a few weeks and then return it unaltered. Any takers on this?

We are also working with Honda in Marysville on this, but right now we don't have the right contacts (as they don't have a motorsports division there). And there may be a lot of red tape and such to jump through to get the model without waiting months.

Thanks

Kyle

Technical Team Lead

Buckeye Electric Motorcycle Race Team

Don't you guys still have a good relationship with TRC in Marysville. There should be someone there that can help hooking you up with the Honda guys overseas.

Why did you choose that particular frame?

Since we are working with a Honda Partnership we kind of have to use a Honda frame. We like the 05-07 frame because it appears to be a bit more spacious and squared off to fit everything than the newer models. Our IOM rider is also very confident with a CBR1000RR frame and its abilities at the IOM.

We may have to get a 2012 which may make packaging a bit harder to deal with.

Yes we work with TRC a little bit. However we just meet with some Honda Partnership folks yesterday so hopefully they can hook us up with the chassis. But in the mean time we are still looking for something to model off of. We are probably going to spend the money and purchase a CBR CAD off the internet so that we can move forward.

-Kyle