Put in bay for the day

Beegreenstrings

Which bars did you go to? You need to go up on the weekend that's when all the action is.

FACT

unless it happens to be the middle of the week when they do the Bartender Olympics!

Weekends are like giant frat parties full of meat-heads looking for fights and drunken hotties looking for meat-heads. Since I'm no longer the former and the latter isn't in the cards, Kelly's is more my speed these days.

Gotta admit though, there were a few bars on PIB that were surprised when I actually turned 21 since I had turned 21 about 4 years earlier.

Not that I noticed but if you go during the week it's cheaper than the weekends (for most things if I recall correctly) also if you think your hearing gun shots its prolly just a backfire from a golf cart or moped.

I got really good at making the one I had do it :lol:

I am going to PIB for the first time on the 25th. I have heard it is a good time but the bars are pretty expensive?

No you are right. Even during the week its still expensive.

Rooms on the island are definatley cheaper during the week. Alcohol is the same! :(

WHATEVER you do! DO NOT EAT the chocalate covered bacon! Oh it was so gross!

However, the chocolate covered twinky still has my attention!

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Yeah we hit middle bass instead of the big tourist islands anymore. Back in the day, sure, but now, not so much. Docking fees are way lower, they have a shuttle that runs from the docks to the bars and back, etc. Haven't been in a couple of years, but the last time I went drinks and food weren't that bad actually. And that was a weekend, but again, not the touristy places.

Put Out Bay is a fun time. I've gone for 2 bachelor parties, and always managed to wake up without memory of at least one of the bars we hit.

I don't recall drinks being that expensive. Certainly cheaper than down town Cleveland, but not "cheap" like a small town bar.

But it's worth it. You can choose your scene too. "Level 2" has hotter (younger) girls and douchey guys. The other places are a pretty good mix.

The island is a great place to land a 30 yr old who wants to act 21 for the weekend. Not that I would know anything about that...

No you are right. Even during the week its still expensive.

Rooms on the island are definatley cheaper during the week. Alcohol is the same! :(

WHATEVER you do! DO NOT EAT the chocalate covered bacon! Oh it was so gross!

However, the chocolate covered twinky still has my attention!

It sounds like we may be staying at the same hotel you did. My buddy is flying in from Florida and we are doing Cedar Point then Put N Bay. He said something about it having a swim up bar. The first thought I had was me sitting there wondering why no one is getting out of the pool to go to the bathroom??? HMMM. Lol.

I was over at Kelley's on Wednesday inspecting a cell tower - actually the only cell tower - on the island. Cool place, nice pace to life, and hopefully I'll get to go back soon for another paid visit on a Friday for weekend stay over.

It sounds like we may be staying at the same hotel you did. My buddy is flying in from Florida and we are doing Cedar Point then Put N Bay. He said something about it having a swim up bar. The first thought I had was me sitting there wondering why no one is getting out of the pool to go to the bathroom??? HMMM. Lol.

locals call the swim up bar "flush" i think was called splash? maybe it still is idk.