God I want to go to Bike Week

Casper

Sorry you missed it, we would have love to see you there.Hell I was even going to buy you a beer, not while riding of course.

Yeah, I really wanted to go. Chicago trip kinda messed that up for me.

Next year plan on it.

Sorry you missed it, we would have love to see you there.Hell I was even going to buy you a beer, not while riding of course.

a beer from Pecker's? or from on the hot ass wearing barley anything chicks on main st? i know you went to peckers alot.

Im planning it next year also....

Everyone says that you need to go at least once...

once? been there for 6 years in a row. and 3 biketoberfest.

i went last year and really didnt like it. I did meet allot of cool people,but the hot traffic and stupid loud harleys made me not want to go back. Plus its like putting a bullseye on ur back for the cops to shoot tickets at. We need a sportbike bike week!

....bike week is fun....just stay OFF the main drag!!!!!! its a fucking parking/walking lot.....there are the stunt spots to hang out at that are like right there!!! head out of town down to COCO for the day :) ...fun times, good mems..........

I've been to Daytona Bike Week for the entire week in '04...and it gets boring. It's like QS&L bike night but for 7 days in a row and longer times each day. You'll be amazed at how much beer is drank and how little riding people do. The Cabbage Patch wrestling is a must see, however.

umm dont forget 7 days racing, biggest super cross of the year, daytona 200. also Hess station 7-11. campgrounds. bewbie bars. main st , ride to loops.

I guess I missed out. Anyway, I was amazed at the number of motorcycle fatalities that occurred while I was there...most were alcohol related.

We went up to the Iron Horse Saloon, I think, which is north of daytona. The police presence was definitely in full force. Everyone coming from Daytona had to cross over the median to get in to the place and the police were stationed right in the median. I guess the 'northern' police dept. was short on money because they were writing citations left/right. I got a warning for having my visor open. It was hot and we were moving 5mph max - bs. An older couple on a cruiser were getting a fine for not having the proper eye protection. I know Holier than Thou posters on this site will be in agreement with the police...but I feel it was quota-type b.s. There's a lot worse going on during bike week....

Took some pics at Bike Week this year - here are some....

IMG_8695Medium.jpg

IMG_8703Medium.jpg

IMG_8704Medium.jpg

IMG_8708Medium.jpg

IMG_8709Medium.jpg

IMG_8713Medium.jpg

I agree with Gixxie750 - the traffic is horrendous, the hotels grossly overpriced, full of loud HD's and the dirtbags that ride them as well as more squids than you can count. The place is a shithole.

There are more cops than you can shake a stick at and you'll get cited for just about anything they can think of. On rides in the Ocala National Forest, we saw cops hiding in the weeds and trees with laser to catch speeders. And this was miles from Daytona. These roads are usually not used not at all but they are crawling with cops this week. We often saw large groups of bikes, mostly HD's, pulled over at the side of the road. Kinda makes you feel as if you're being hunted.

So why go at all? Well, I've been on a crew member on a few teams over the years, so I went to the race mostly. Been a couple of times because I didn't know any better. And this year just becasue I was sick of the winter crap and wanted to get warm for a week.

And there's some cool stuff to see...

IMG_8700Medium.jpg

IMG_8721Medium.jpg

IMG_8725Medium.jpg

IMG_8729Medium.jpg

IMG_8733Medium.jpg

In order to escape the HD lowlifes, we stayed in St. Petersburg this year. Nice little 170 mile each way commute to Daytona, but that got us on the bikes more and it was probably the best part of the week.

Met up wiith these two HD guys at a rest area. Broken down HD and they had no clues as to how to get it running again. Helped them for an hour as they didn't have any tools or flashlight, but never did get it running again, They had to have it towed to Tampa.

IMG_8757Medium.jpg

Probably won't go back for a few years - at least until the memory of how crappy the place is wears off.

the blonde changed my mind im going next year......

a nice ass does that to me. if i had a nickle for every bad decision due to a hot female i would buy the intraweb from al gore. :(

She is standing there by herself, i wouldnt be snapping a pic i would go talk to her.............................. i wish