Mj usa

M_Quick

7/13/12 received e-mail from Jon Marks {MJ’s Insurance adjuster}, confirming he received my e-mail with the 2 documents he asked for. And also advised me this should be wrapped up next week, but he would be out of the office on Monday. As of this evening 7/20/12 I have not herd back from MJ’s insurance or anyone else for that matter. I will try and contact the adjuster Monday am and see what’s going on. And the police report # still does not come up online. Also will email the AG and see if he has had any response from MJ as of yet. Last I talked to the AG was 7/9/12, I’d think that would be time for a response but maybe not.
:popcorn::villagers:

7/23/12 Left v/mail for Jon Marks. Recording said he was out of office today.

7/24/12 Left another v/mail for Jon Marks MJ's insurance adjuster.

7/25/12 Jon Marks calls me back! And tells me he was having difficulties with getting a hold of M.J. all last week no luck, and finally made contact with him on Tuesday the 24th. And they agreed to discus the matter on the 25th. After they work things out Jon told me he would call me back and let me know where we stand. He did call back! And said he had some documents for me to sign along with a power of attorney form for the title to the Scrambler, and he would need the title of vehicle. And said he will mail these forms out, and when I get them I can return them to his office and pick up a check for $2343.30! At 1st I thought he was going to low ball me on the quad. He was like we use a scale of 1-5 and usually I go with a 3, but in your case I gave it a 4 because you said it was in having some work done on it. I was thinking 1 was best and 5 worst, but I guess a 1 was worse? I showed KBB value at just over $1900 http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2001/polaris/scrambler-500-4x4/74798/ so this is more than adequate, assuming I really get the check. I will post up as soon as I receive the check, as well as thanking all of you for the help and there were at least 2 key people that I owe a lot too. Or I don’t believe the insurance company would of ever knew about me and my quad w/out there help.

Awesome!! I would still burn it down! :D

You'd be surprised how many people from other forums saw this. MJ's actions didn't win them and loyalty and the cost to MJ is more than just a quad at this point. ;)

Mostly happy ending, alright! Even though you got more than what BB said your quad is worth, you still have the time you spent fighting it and the time, hassle and cost of replacing it, getting it titled, etc. I'm not trying to be negative but people often overlook the hidden costs like gas used for trips back and forth on this.

Good to hear the shop is getting the reputation they desrve.

You'd be surprised how many people from other forums saw this. MJ's actions didn't win them and loyalty and the cost to MJ is more than just a quad at this point. ;)

You must feel very proud that you were able to spread the word:bow:

You must feel very proud that you were able to spread the word:bow:

I'm always happy to help fellow riders keep from getting screwed. I'm glad they have been fair to you and they never screwed me either. But neither of us ever took a bike to them either.;)

Question you should be asking is why did MJ act in such a deceptive way? If the quad was stolen, report it, don't look at the owner and say, "It's your problem". :nono: It's is your choice if you continue to support them, it will not change my respect for your opinions about motorcycles or riding.

Edited by buildit

Glad to hear it's looking like a positive outcome. Damned shame it had to come to this...just awful way to run a business, IMHO. I've bought stuff from them and had no problems, but my good experience doesn't explain away the pooch-screwing they did here.

• Upvote 1

Glad to hear it's looking like a positive outcome. Damned shame it had to come to this...just awful way to run a business, IMHO. I've bought stuff from them and had no problems, but my good experience doesn't explain away the pooch-screwing they did here.

I agree, But I have only heard one side of the story so before I go "burning someones building to the ground" I`ll reserve judgment and go by my past experience. (keeping in mind the Mike is my long time very good friend and I have to stick up for my friends.)

I agree, But I have only heard one side of the story so before I go "burning someones building to the ground" I`ll reserve judgment and go by my past experience. (keeping in mind the Mike is my long time very good friend and I have to stick up for my friends.)

:popcorn: "oh boy this is great"

Well, let's look at this objectively.

We know that his quad, and other property was stolen while in MJ's shop. MJ admits this.

We know it was secured poorly. MJ admits this.

We know that they did not contact the OP to tell him his property was stolen, but instead let him come in to the shop to hear this. This seems to be in no debate.

It's likely they never filed this with the police, or if they did much later than after discovery. I looked myself for a theft report, and there isn't one after the fact.

We know that MJ didn't immediately turn this in to their insurance, either, or offer to make this right from the outset, as they should have. I doubt this thread would exist if that had transpired.

They also could have easily come here and defended themselves if any of this was in error, or there is more to it and they are still free to do so. As a local business, it would behoove them to maintain their online reputation amongst potential clientele.

If there's a defense for MJ in this, I'm perfectly willing to hear it. I don't think anyone, Buildit or myself has any prejudice or want in seeing something bad come to a business that's being unfairly slandered. That doesn't appear to be the case here, at all, from what's been laid out.

I agree (keeping in mind the Mike is my long time very good friend and I have to stick up for my friends.)

Definition of a friend is someone who you'd stand by thru thick and thin. So I understand and respect you for doing so as your friend. ;)

To each their own i suppose.

I don't have friends that pull bullsh*t like that, and if I found out they did I'd call them out on it, and may not be friends with them that much longer. I certainly wouldn't unquestionably defend them.

Shady people breed drama, and drama is much better as a spectator sport, not as an active participant.