Mj usa

M_Quick

Maybe Redkow, Jr. Perry Mason-in-Training, could take a shot? :dunno:

edit *** not that I'm volunteering him or anything...

The advice given has been good. Brian's post near the end of page one is as far as I got before jumping to the "last" page, but I'm betting I didn't miss much.

The main questions I have are what proof is there that the quad was ever even in the shop's possession?

That SHOULD be a simple bailment agreement, and Brian would be correct that the shop or shop's insurance pays for stolen property.

Their little "disclaimer" may or may not hold up in court. Without doing any research whatsoever, it doesn't seem right to me that they can just stick that on the bottom of a form and be in the clear.

Contacting the police is absolutely a good first step. If there is any kind of fraud going on, the combined value of multiple quads definitely takes this theft into felony territory.

Suing is certainly an option, but legal fees can quickly eclipse the value of the stolen quad, so contacting local media is a good second step. That also motivates the police to take things more seriously so they don't look bad.

A last resort would be an attorney. You MAY be able to split costs with other victims (assuming you can identify them), but the attorney also needs to avoid conflicts of interest. He can't have you insisting on $5000 compensation while another victim wants to accept a $800 settlement from the shop. But assuming all the victims are like-minded, it would be a good way to defray attorney fees.

Unbelievable Mick! I am pissed now too. I HATE theives! Our neighbors cars were broken into last night.....and I live in the hills!!!!

The only thing that really makes me wonder if it was an inside job is, why would they go for a 2001 Scrambler? I suppose because the cost of the quad would end up less than attorney fees? So maybe they figure you won't pursue?

Edited by Ron505

The main questions I have are what proof is there that the quad was ever even in the shop's possession?

Well I have the work order, and as far as I know they are not denying it was there. Just that's it's gone now, and they left the key in the unit! And IDT there was anything else stolen, that was just part of there story. Or there would of been more pissed customer's, and they would of mentioned it to the police when they arrived to take the report. All they reported was some bs about the counter boy ryan kerr scared of my 4'10" wife. Because he told us to leave, and she said were not going anywhere. Then he looks at the few other groupies hanging out, and says we can remove you, then she said I'd like to see you try. Believe me we were not treating anyone, we were just there waiting to get a police report. I knew this kid was lying and full of shit as soon as he told me the 1st part of his story. The part that did it was, were waiting on a detective to call us back with the report #. I know that's BS the police on the scene give the reports #'s.

Well, I'm sorry to say the word in the other forums is MJ has gone downhill in recent years just like the neighborhood. What exactly did the police say to you when you filed your report? Has anyone from the CPD contacted you for further information? Do you have a report # for your police report?

Their little "disclaimer" may or may not hold up in court. Without doing any research whatsoever, it doesn't seem right to me that they can just stick that on the bottom of a form and be in the clear.

The disclaimer says " Not Responsible for loss or damage to cars or articles left in cars in case of fire, theft or any other cause beyond our control."

Doesn't the fact that its not a car mean anything. And that the key was left in unit, was surely something w/in there control! And there w/order's are so generic it's not funny. For one there not numbered, and for two they give no claim check's!

Workorder.jpg

Well, I'm sorry to say the word in the other forums is MJ has gone downhill in recent years just like the neighborhood. What exactly did the police say to you when you filed your report? Has anyone from the CPD contacted you for further information? Do you have a report # for your police report?

I have report #, no one has contacted me. The one officer said it was there job to secure my property while it was in there possession. And the kid just said some bs and the officer's responded I'd be pissed too, and I wouldn't leave either! The 2nd officer said to give it a few days and talk to owner, to see what he has to say after a few days to think about it.

So I take it you have yet to hear from the owner?

Right they have never called me. And the boy said they arrived at shop 7am and noticed the break in. Never called police or at least there was no report. And they never called me, said they just thought it was best to wait for me to show up. Now my wife did talk to the owner by phone from his shop, he was at Red white and boom. Told her sorry but there was nothing he could or would do, hope you have insurance.

Edited by M_Quick

Does your police report give the name of their insurance company? If so you could file a claim directly against the insurer. Another option is to file a small claims court case. It sounds like you have good evidence and that MJ is on very weak ground.

Have you attempted to contact 4,6, or 10 about this?

I just got the report online it's not complete, but I doubt the real one has it on it either. And I've contacted all I can think of, so far just a response back from BBB.

Might try the attorney general too. There may be an issue with this situation that they can address. ;)

Its a inside job to me...... I had my shop broke into recently and got lucky they only took several small things of mine. The thing is i couldnt call the cops fast enough...... No way in hell i would not call...... Ecspecially if a customers things were taken. Best wishes for you bud..... Hope you get some form of help

This is some messed up BS and especially the attitude that they're not calling the police to report it - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

Reading through this thread has been a bit of an eye opener, too, since I know about MJ USA through one of his side businesses.

Edited by baptizo

I was told they get broken into all they time there, and when I said really the kid said well a lot. So I looked on line at http://www.columbuspolice.org/reports/ And found 2 whole reports. And the 1st one was for $10.00 in damage. Now if they report that petty shit, come on. The 2nd one did show a laptop and quad and a broken door.

Change Search Parameters

Results for Victim name search: MJ USA

Page 1 of 1 Total Records Found: 2

Case Number Report Title Victim Case Opened Reported Location

060216902 Criminal Damaging [E] MJ USA 03/12/2006 4760 Cleveland Ave

110268532 Burglary - Zone 1 [E] MJ USA 04/04/2011 4760 Cleveland Ave

I would go to 6 On Your Side and have them do a story as it has happened before. There is a trend and would make good TV news that I think they would want to do. MJ would SHIT if that happened.

+1 Sounds like a good idea...

I was told they get broken into all they time there, and when I said really the kid said well a lot.

PM sent about a fellow rider who might have some info for you.

So far no help from public media, or the Attorney General's office. BBB did respond, and said they sent the owner a e-mail. As you know lawyer's are not cheap. And this was after all a 2001 Scrambler, that's why some say it was taken and not some other the nicer units left at shop. Thinking I would not pursue this to much. I think today I'm going d/town for a complete copy of police report, then over to the court house to talk to the city prosecutor's office. Just to see what they have to say, if no help there I guess small claims court may be next?

I'd like to thank all the member's on this forum for the help, and spreading the work about this worthless sob.

no word from none of the news channels, I know 6 on your side is part time like 3 days a week 3 hours a day ran by volunteers only. I need to look again and see if there's a direct # to call. So far all I've done is filled out the online form.

Edited by M_Quick

no word from none of the news channels, I know 6 on your side is part time like 3 days a week 3 hours a day ran by volunteers only. I need to look again and see if there's a direct # to call. So far sll I've done is filled out the online form.

heres the number .... Tues., Wed. & Thur., you can call CFA from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 614-821-9799

heres the number .... Tues., Wed. & Thur., you can call CFA from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 614-821-9799

Thanks I will call tues if have not herd from them by then, I just e-mailed

Tom Sussi from there web site he's one of the investigators. And says he has degrees in both telecommunications and criminal justice. Hope he looks into this for me. I also gave him a link to the thread.