Mj usa

M_Quick

In my book, outing a business on issues like this is an opportunity for the business to improve. Why else would restaurants be critiqued on food, service and receive health inspections? ;)

^^^this

A lot of shops offer most of the same services at roughly the same price. Other than location, the big differentiator and what drives customer loyalty is SERVICE. I'll go to the more expensive shop every single time if I know I'm going to get good service and quality work. I've worked a lot of customer service roles in my time so it's important to me.

IMO good service is simple and generally consists of:

> Having clear, concise and honest communication

> Good responsiveness i.e. - returns calls, emails, inquiries in a reasonable period of time.

> Having proactive notification/communication - i.e. work backlog, backorders, potential issues, ways for the customer to save money, etc.

> Willingness to own up to mistakes and make it right

> Having a good attitude, being friendly, making the customer feel like they are important (because they are!).

> Be knowledgeable. Don't BS the customer, if you don't know, say so but offer to find the answer.

> Listening to the customer!

If a shop (or any business for that matter) can't provide good, basic customer service, I have no confidence that they can perform the work asked of them with any degree of competency.

:rant:

Edit, wow I just caught your title 10 other units, very interesting, and good friends with who again??? My Grandfather in law always said, "tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are!"

I mean come on if i have 11 rides and only list the 04 crf250 rothlol......you got my shit probably...

WOW! So now I`m a thief because MJ is my friend? That is called "guilt by accusation" and not very fare. (I don`t know what "rothlol" means). I think this will be my last post....I don`t respond well to name calling and find it rather childish..........

guess you missed the part where a neutral party (Luke/Buildit) stuck up/vouched for you a couple of posts later...

i'll admit, until Luke/Buildit's post I had ideas that you might have been MJ - especially since you didn't ask MJ about what happened.

I also have a buddy that owns a small shop here in Columbus and he relies upon (good) word-of-mouth advertising. I've known him about 35 or 36 years, and I can promise you that if people were accusing him of bad things I'd find out straight from him what the heck was going on.

Just like you (sort of) stick up for your buddy, we'll stick up for ours and help when he's been wronged.

No,didn`t get MJ`s side of the story. Just decided to opt out of the whole mess.

WOW! So now I`m a thief because MJ is my friend? That is called "guilt by accusation" and not very fare. (I don`t know what "rothlol" means). I think this will be my last post....I don`t respond well to name calling and find it rather childish..........

You probably should of never made your 1st post. I'm hoping one of these two post above are true. Logging in here becoming a new user, reading a whole thread, and then stating you only herd 1 side of the story. If I had a good friend and his shop was broken into, I would hope to hear the news from him. Not stumble onto the news in a forum some 3 weeks later. And join up guns blazing defending your friend, not even knowing his side. Cause he probably hasn't finished making up his story yet! Just go talk to your buddy like I said and ask to see the fence where they supposedly came in. Compare that to my pictures, and then read the 2008 dispatch story again. And fyi it said he had recovered 50 units. And I said IDK how that would happen when he don't record vin#'s. Also tell your buddy he should start using #'d invoice's and hand out claim checks. Also have him fix the spot in the fence from 4 years ago! Those are just a few tidbit's I'd pass on to him if he was my friend.

hrmm...

Probably not related, but interesting, none the less.

2 arrested in Gallia County, OH, motorcycle theft case

Police said they now think the pair is part of a crime ring that also stole motorcycles and merchandise from dealerships in Columbus and Jackson, Ohio.

You probably should HAVE never made your 1st post. I'm hoping one of these two post above are true. Logging in here becoming a new user, reading a whole thread, and then stating you only herd 1 side of the story.

Does anyone else find the timing of ohioroadrat's first post ironic?

Does anyone else find the timing of ohioroadrat's first post ironic?

No, it was right about the time I linked this thread to several others that he and I are both on. Mainly Thumper Talk and ADVrider.

No, it was right about the time I linked this thread to several others that he and I are both on. Mainly Thumper Talk and ADVrider.

Thanks again for the help and spreading the word. And just fyi I never ever did get a return call from MJ.

• Upvote 1

Thanks again for the help and spreading the word. And just fyi I never ever did get a return call from MJ.

I doubt you ever will. MJ does have a name in the local offroad racing community as a supporter of the sport. But I feel dealings like this trump any good will he has earned. But I believe that is why Ohioroadrat still supports him as he also supports the offroad and dual sport community. People will make their own judgement calls about this event, but overall it is a big splotch on MJ. I'm just glad it worked out for the best for you given all you had to go thru.;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

If you have kept up with this story, apparently the things going on around there caught up to him.  MJ killed himself and his wife that I grew up with last year.  Shop has been sitting since and is for sale.  

6 hours ago, Jguy1975 said:

If you have kept up with this story, apparently the things going on around there caught up to him.  MJ killed himself and his wife that I grew up with last year.  Shop has been sitting since and is for sale.  

:welcomeor::dunno:

• Upvote 1