Mj usa

M_Quick

I agree, But I have only heard one side of the story so before I go "burning someones building to the ground" I`ll reserve judgment and go by my past experience. (keeping in mind the Mike is my long time very good friend and I have to stick up for my friends.)

I think the "burn it down" comments were just hyperbole. As angry as the OP may be with the business, I don't believe anyone here is actually proposing arson.

undoubtedly, based on this thread I might seriously consider taking my business elsewhere, but I personally had no dog in this show as I live nowhere near this business, and don't have anything offroad that I don't just work on myself.

Edited by magley64

I agree, But I have only heard one side of the story so before I go "burning someones building to the ground" I`ll reserve judgment and go by my past experience. (keeping in mind the Mike is my long time very good friend and I have to stick up for my friends.)

Well I stick up for my friends too and mick is good people that I know if the roles were reversed and mj's quad came up missing out of micks garage, mick would feel 100% responsible, and would have taken every step possible to make things right in a timely manner with out haveing to be pressured to do it. And if I felt my friend was in the wrong I would not back him up just because he's my friend, but then again I have better charater freinds than that.

Like I said. I have only heard one side of the story so I can`t make a judgement just yet.

I know no one really wants to "burn it to the ground" but it kind of infers guilt without a fare trial. Some of the things said here are totally untrue such as changing stickers on helmets ,police finding 50 stolen bikes at his shop and him stealing this guys 12 year old quad. looks like he got a nice settlement for the stolen quad so everything turned out OK in the end. Could have been handled better,I agree but still would like to hear from the other side just to compare stories. Hard to decide when I`ve only heard one side.....That`s all I`m saying. Not trying to make any enemies here.

you're his friend, ask him... then report back his side...

:dunno:

Nope,don`t think I`ll do that. I`m kind of sorry I ever posted in the first place. Sorry if i offended anyone on here. I`m thinking the best thing for me is just to opt out of this whole mess. It really doesn`t concern me and I probably should have just kept my big mouth shut in the first place.......Have fun everyone....I`m going for a ride!

Nope,don`t think I`ll do that. I`m kind of sorry I ever posted in the first place. Sorry if i offended anyone on here. I`m thinking the best thing for me is just to opt out of this whole mess. It really doesn`t concern me and I probably should have just kept my big mouth shut in the first place.......Have fun everyone....I`m going for a ride!

thats probably a good idea. because when you sleep with dogs you get flea's.

Must be he didn't like mjs side of the story but being all best buds and all didn't want to admit that here. :rolleyes:

Nothing makes me more upset than somone stealing stuff and then nothing getting done about it. Yes if finaly looks like something is being done but I bet nothing would have if there was not a stink raised. Its like he expected the owner to just lay down and take it and go Oh well. That is total BS!

• Upvote 1

Must be he didn't like mjs side of the story but being all best buds and all didn't want to admit that here. :rolleyes:

Nothing makes me more upset than somone stealing stuff and then nothing getting done about it. Yes if finaly looks like something is being done but I bet nothing would have if there was not a stink raised. Its like he expected the owner to just lay down and take it and go Oh well. That is total BS!

No,didn`t get MJ`s side of the story. Just decided to opt out of the whole mess.

No,didn`t get MJ`s side of the story. Just decided to opt out of the whole mess.

Idk man, if people were shit talking my friend, i'd sure want to find out if there were any merit to it...and defend them if the situation called for it...

No skin off my nose, like I said, I have no dog in this fight.

I would make a friend aware of a situation but i would never engage in there fight. some people don't like others speaking for them. To defend them is fine, but speaking for them can cause more problems.

I would make a friend aware of a situation but i would never engage in there fight. some people don't like others speaking for them. To defend them is fine, but speaking for them can cause more problems.

Well said and that is just what I did.

• Upvote 1

Well said and that is just what I did.

Wow I came here to put closer on this and it's been popping since my last post #104 And I really cant believe this ohioroadrat has read this whole thread and is such good friends with MJ and has yet to ask him about it! Or has he even talked to the guy since 7/3/12??? Good friends right, or did MJ just keep it hush hush from you as well as all the other authorities? I mean come on your last post was #141 in the thread. Maybe you were to busy riding stolen quads to call your best buddy! Its all true just ask you Buddy to see the spot in the fence from 2008 and follow the link in this thread to the dispatch story when he mention's the cable being cut! Dude is a straight POS. you have a nice friend, but thats probably where you get your discount parts!

Edit, wow I just caught your title 10 other units, very interesting, and good friends with who again??? My Grandfather in law always said, "tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are!"

I mean come on if i have 11 rides and only list the 04 crf250 rotflol......you got my shit probably...

ohioroadrat

Newb

04 CRF250x + 10 others

Edited by M_Quick

7/26/12 I receive the documents in the mail from Westfield insurance. And as I’m reading it Jon calls me and asked if I received them! And I said yes and asked how long he would be there tonight, so I could get my check. He said he was leaving soon, but someone else could help me. And they did, my hat’s off to Mj’s insurance people. This whole deal could have been a lot easier to deal with from the start if there would have been the tinniest bit of professionalism on Mike Jenkins behalf. MJ and his staff had no etiquette about them at all, how he’s been in business this long is beyond me. I was looking for a small service place to take care of my needs when I can’t do the repairs myself. I still have my Honda and 3 small Polaris’s for the kids. So he has at least lost the service of 5 units, well 4 remaining from my house alone. Even if he had nothing to do with the disappearance of my unit, the way he and his staff handled it was totally wrong. Saying insurance isn’t going to cover it, and then acting like the little disclaimer on his invoice leaves him with no responsibilities, what a joke MJ USA is. And that "ohioroadrat" probably is the counter boy that was scared of my 4'10" wife, lol...

I would like to thank all forum member’s that replied in this thread, as well as any and all that find a new shop for there cycle needs. And I would like to really thank the following members, attack painter & his buddy I will not name, buildit, and MuddyRabbit for putting me in contact with the right people. Cause like I said before MJ was keeping my unit hush hush from his insurance agent, as well as the authorities which makes no since to me. If making a claim why not list all customers lost property!!!

Copy of corner of check the last and only good thing I will see that says MJ USA So there's the proof they are responsible for your property! Thanks again all!!!:bow::bow::bow:

MJUSACheck.jpg

Edited by M_Quick

Yeah man, good news getting your check...

Gotta say, based on this thread alone, what a shitty business...

congrats! glad all worked out well and thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks, and just FYI MJ came highly recommended to me. And he may do good work, and sell parts cheap. But there business etiquette was not there at all in this situation. And if you want to survive in the free enterprise, you have to take care of your customers, small or large and treat them right. Or the word may just get around, and around...

i wouldnt call his work good.....its good in the same way you take your car in because the check engine light is on, then get it back a day later with the bulb removed....yea, the check engine light is "fixed".

as for the parts....after hearing from an employee about the incident with the helmet switcheroos, i wouldnt trust any parts from there either....probably all ebay junk stuck in name brand boxes after the name brand parts were pulled out and installed on personal bikes

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for telling the whole story to completion. I'll let Muddy know his help was useful if you haven't already. Ohioroadrat is a long time rider, good friend and motorcycle knowledge repository. He doesn't work at MJ and is not a kid.:rolleyes: I hope he does discuss the effect this event has had on the MC community. It might encourage MJ to review security methods, employee training when dealing with loss issues and reporting events when they happen. In my book, outing a business on issues like this is an opportunity for the business to improve. Why else would restaurants be critiqued on food, service and receive health inspections? ;)

Glad you got a check, Mick. I and everyone I know will not darken the door of MJ USA after this incident. If he would have handled the dissapearance of your unit correctly, it would have made his business look good, but he and his employees decided to go the opposite route. I think they will lose enormous amounts of buisness due to this incident.

Shame that someone would piss away his buisness like that.