Mj usa

M_Quick

Took my 2001 Polaris 500 4x4, in for service. And they out right stole my quad and told me I was screwed, unless I had insurance on it. The kid at counter said they broke in over night, last night, stole like 7-8 quads. The guy from service area, said it was like 2 sport quads 2 4x4's a dirt bike and a couple of buggy's, one buggy's worth well over 10k. There was no police report filed, until I did. They let me arrive to pick up my quad, and told me it was stolen you need to leave! And when Police arrived the only thing the 2 from MJ wanted to report was my wife threating the little counter boy. They said we have no Idea what all was stolen, so that's why we didn't report it. They took no picture's of any evidence of a breaking in. And both employee's at store said they didn't work there. And the kid also informed me they always leave the key's in the units. While I was there for over 2 hours. I watched them get 3 keys from behind counter. And as far as I know the owner is Mike Jenkin's well of coarse he was gone for the day.

Any idea's help or other stories please let me know!

MJ used to be a nice place. It has been around forever. Northland has turned into a nasty hood over the past 10-15 years and the shop has followed suit. My buddy used to ride pro MX and dealt with MJ all the time. Around 2000-2003 he got screwed by him a few times and never went back. I've heard similar stories as well.

Sorry to hear about your quad man.

its the shops liability, not the owners...the shop should carry insurance for just this sort of thing, no different than if the shop burned down and everything was lost including their customers equipment. At least that is the way it should be.

Stick to your guns. The shop should have insurance that covers this. I suspect that they do not. That simply means BIG lawsuit or settle. The fact is that you need to file a report, get an attorney and once they contact Mike, I suspect that he will "find" your ATV or all of a sudden decide to handle it.

Whatever the case, your insurance has nothing to do with taking it to a shop for service and it is stolen. They have a responsibility to safely store your ATV. I would think, however, that he doesn't and if you do not want the hassle of dealing with a court case, your insurance will probably handle it.

I would go to 6 On Your Side and have them do a story as it has happened before. There is a trend and would make good TV news that I think they would want to do. MJ would SHIT if that happened.

Not the first time it has allegedly happened at this shop.

Sounds like a shady, shady place to me.

Their insurance (which I assume they don't have) would cover it, no?

Do you know someone else this has happened too? And as far as shop insurance, IDK owner was not there and the kid said he was told if we didn't have insurance we were screwed. I tried to pick quad up mon night, but there power was out, and they wouldn't let me leave a credit card, and take unit while I was there with trailer.

its the shops liability, not the owners...the shop should carry insurance for just this sort of thing, no different than if the shop burned down and everything was lost including their customers equipment. At least that is the way it should be.

What piss's me off the most is they didn't even call me and tell me. Just waited till I showed up again to p/up unit! And there invoice states " Not Responsible For Loss Or Damage To Cars Or Articles Left in Cars In Case Of Fire, Theft Or any Other Cause Beyond Our Control."

It dont say it dont matter if your shit is gone when you get here. And they left key in Quad! wtf???

Stick to your guns. The shop should have insurance that covers this. I suspect that they do not. That simply means BIG lawsuit or settle. The fact is that you need to file a report, get an attorney and once they contact Mike, I suspect that he will "find" your ATV or all of a sudden decide to handle it.

Whatever the case, your insurance has nothing to do with taking it to a shop for service and it is stolen. They have a responsibility to safely store your ATV. I would think, however, that he doesn't and if you do not want the hassle of dealing with a court case, your insurance will probably handle it.

I would go to 6 On Your Side and have them do a story as it has happened before. There is a trend and would make good TV news that I think they would want to do. MJ would SHIT if that happened.

They probably do have shop insurance, but I don't believe anything was really stolen, but my quad. Like I said they didn't call police, and they had no evidence to support a break in. I will try and talk to Mike Thursday. I have no insurance on this quad, its a 2001 scrambler! I will also try 6 on my side. And they were trying to lock up store and leave before police arrived to take the report! We told them fine, but were no going anywhere and your leaving a scene of a crime. And they acted like they were going to lock us in the store!

Do you know someone else this has happened too? And as far as shop insurance, IDK owner was not there and the kid said he was told if we didn't have insurance we were screwed. I tried to pick quad up mon night, but there power was out, and they wouldn't let me leave a credit card, and take unit while I was there with trailer.

What piss's me off the most is they didn't even call me and tell me. Just waited till I showed up again to p/up unit! And there invoice states " Not Responsible For Loss Or Damage To Cars Or Articles Left in Cars In Case Of Fire, Theft Or any Other Cause Beyond Our Control."

It dont say it dont matter if your shit is gone when you get here. And they left key in Quad! wtf???

Google search shows a news story from 2008 that said they'd "lost" 50 vehicles in the past 5 years to theft, so this has been going on for +/- 10 years. Seems they have a good thing (for them) going, so why stop now?

Owner is at Red, White, and Boom tonight per his Facebook page. He lives in Westerville (I won't post it up, easy enough to find). Time to do a quick recon and find your quad...

Sue them into history as a shop.

Google search shows a news story from 2008 that said they'd "lost" 50 vehicles in the past 5 years to theft, so this has been going on for +/- 10 years. Seems they have a good thing (for them) going, so why stop now?

Owner is at Red, White, and Boom tonight per his Facebook page. He lives in Westerville (I won't post it up, easy enough to find). Time to do a quick recon and find your quad...

Sue them into history as a shop.

found somewhere a nice corner lot 8k a yr in taxes. Do you have link for 2008 story? I could not find it right off. Found link thx.

Edited by M_Quick

found somewhere a nice corner lot 8k a yr in taxes. Do you have link for 2008 story? I could not find it right off. Found link thx.

You found the correct place.

Link from the Columbus Dispatch: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/12/09/ATVs.ART_ART_12-09-08_A1_L8C66UR.html

That story says he has found 50 stolen vehicles. And whats funny is I was told its not there policy to write down Vin #'s on invoices today!

Mike Jenkins, who owns an off-road-vehicle dealership on Cleveland Avenue, said his specialty shop has discovered about 50 stolen ATVs in the past five years. Three weeks ago, a man turned up with a stolen vehicle he wanted tuned up. "Well, darn it, we knew the customer who had owned it," Jenkins said. "It's like having Dale Earnhardt's car show up. It had the customer's race numbers and stickers on it still."

Jenkins called police.

I've never had a bike there but have many friends who are frequent customers. Never heard anything like this before. Please keep this updated as to what you find out.

not surprised at all.

MJ does all kinds of shady shit, from stealing vehicles, to selling knockoff products to unknowing people

few years back i knew a guy who worked there, and they bought a bunch of shoei helmets and sold them without the boxes, then took vega helmets, peeled the stickers off, stuck shoei decals on them, and then sold them to "noobs" for $400-600 who had no idea the difference between a vega and a shoei

i knew a few people from there, and i would never shop there or take my stuff to them.....theyre all crooks

not surprised at all.

MJ does all kinds of shady shit, from stealing vehicles, to selling knockoff products to unknowing people

few years back i knew a guy who worked there, and they bought a bunch of shoei helmets and sold them without the boxes, then took vega helmets, peeled the stickers off, stuck shoei decals on them, and then sold them to "noobs" for $400-600 who had no idea the difference between a vega and a shoei

i knew a few people from there, and i would never shop there or take my stuff to them.....theyre all crooks

That fucking sucks pay 50 for a new vega instead of 400 wtf :nono: