Mid Ohio July 6-7th!

Limitedslip7

Well it looks like I'm going to have a nice five-day weekend the 4th-8th after working almost three weeks straight and it's also my birthday on the 9th, so I've decided to do my first trackday on the 7th! Anyone else going? I'll be running in Novice of course...

I think I've got everything I need... leathers, boots, helmet, gloves, back protecter, and water wetter in the rad. Anything else I need to do to the bike besides take off the mirrors and tape the lenses? Tires are Conti Sport Attacks with about 1000 miles on them. Seems to be very little wear on them. I think I'm going to get new brake pads too.

I'm getting pretty excited for this... just worried I'll wreck.

Well it looks like I'm going to have a nice five-day weekend the 4th-8th after working almost three weeks straight and it's also my birthday on the 9th, so I've decided to do my first trackday on the 7th! Anyone else going? I'll be running in Novice of course...

I think I've got everything I need... leathers, boots, helmet, gloves, back protecter, and water wetter in the rad. Anything else I need to do to the bike besides take off the mirrors and tape the lenses? Tires are Conti Sport Attacks with about 1000 miles on them. Seems to be very little wear on them. I think I'm going to get new brake pads too.

I'm getting pretty excited for this... just worried I'll wreck.

that's all you need for novice. nothing special. Just go in open minded and relaxed. You'll have a blast. I've done 4 track days in novice and every time it gets better and better.

they will tell you this during your classroom sessions but when you're out there if you don't feel comfortable at a certain pace, don't go that fast, go at YOUR OWN SPEED that's comfortable for you.

oh yeah, have fun with it! it's fucking awesome. I'd go, but I'm getting ready to move to philly so i'm going to be broke by then

What are the differences between novice and intermediate? Different rules? Amount of track time?

Everyone gets the same amount of track time.

I'm pretty sure its 7 20-minute sessions, if you get through tech early enough.

In intermediate, the guys are faster, and you're allowed to pass. I believe you can pass on the outside of a corner, but you have to leave 6 feet between bikes. That may be the rule for advanced, though.

The difference between Novice and Intermediate is very simple. You know when you are ready for Novice, someone else will let you know when you are ready for Intermediate. ;) you're welcome

Hahaha, I'm sure it will be a while before that happens. Probably will be told I'm not even ready for Novice...

I am trying to get there but, my trailer is not ready.:(

Intermediate is more hectic because passing is allowed. The instructors will let you advance if your turns are consistent and smooth. Its about safety not so much about speed.

Well I decided to do it on the 6th instead. I was going to have a friend or two come to help me out; do they charge for spectators? The track time runs from 3:30PM-9:00PM, what time should I be there for tech inspections and whatnot?

Well I decided to do it on the 6th instead. I was going to have a friend or two come to help me out; do they charge for spectators? The track time runs from 3:30PM-9:00PM, what time should I be there for tech inspections and whatnot?

Since the track day starts at 3:30 on this one I'd be there at least an hour early for tech. I'm not sure if it's on track at 3:30 (sounds like it is) so they will have their riders meeting first, probably at 2:30. Intermediate will goes out first, followed by advanced and then novice. No charge for spectators.

I'll probably be there on Saturday in "I". It's a great time, but be prepared for a hot day!

I should be there on friday 7/6.

The bike is torn apart, getting new suspension on tomorrow/thursday. (ohlins ttx! :D)

Is there going to be anyone there on friday that can help me set up sag, etc?

To all those signed up for the weekend or on the fence, see below for some important information:

-CAMPING: Will be available overnight on Friday, July 6th. All campers should set up and remain in middle paddock area.

-PARKING: Will be in the Middle Paddock.

-Tech Inspection will begin at 1:50 p.m. in front of the Fire Building.

-Mandatory riders meeting starts PROMPTLY at 2:50 p.m. in front of the Fire Building.

-Track is green at approximately 3:30 pm.

-Scheduled on - track rotation: Intermediate, Advanced, Novice (20 - minute sessions). Riders will receive a minimum of 1 hour and 40 minutes of track time. The Mid-Ohio School MAY, at designated times, combine the Intermediate and Advance groups (based on enrollment) to increase track time to the standard 2 hours and 20 minutes or possibly more. The Mid-Ohio School always reserves the right to alter the rotation and groups to manage for inclement weather and/or group size. This could result in an early completion time for the event which is now planned for 9 p.m.

-Novice group will be attending its classroom in Fire Building between sessions.

-There is not a designated dinner break but dinner will be provided in the Fire Building at 6:15 p.m.

See you at the track!

i know i ask this before, id like to go a check it out(i dont have corrrect gear to participate) i was told it free to watch but is everything open to just wander around the track and paddock? if so as long as im not doin ganything else i might show and say wud up

Call me or text me if you come up and if I'm not busy on the track Ill come show you around and help with questions

thanks man, im not sure what im doing tommorow its all going to depend on what time the wife get off work, i think i still have your digets somwhere