Teach me how to...

Bad324

Now we need to plan 2 up rides

:lol: baby steps. We really didn't ride very far or long. I need to play with the suspension and figure out my best solo riding setting and 2 up setting. If it wasn't for nearing buying a house, I'd say screw it and use her as my excuse to get a Street Glide :D

Just curious and not wanting to be too personal, but what's your combined weight? I'm already at 220 myself and trying to figure out settings for my VFR rear shock.

Also, was it hard for her to get on and off? That's always been the most awkward time for me with riders...

My biggest thing when riding 2 up for the first time was stopping. I told her to hold on tight and lean how I lean but thats it. But stopping is much different, you have to be ready for the additional distance needed and for the added weight when putting your feet down. Im only 135 riding a sport bike so I felt a huge difference in weight riding 2 up. Shifting was kinda weird at first because I was trying to be smooth instead of no clutching like I usually do but I ended up bumping helmets every time I shifted lol.

Edited by JStump

Just curious and not wanting to be too personal, but what's your combined weight? I'm already at 220 myself and trying to figure out settings for my VFR rear shock.

Also, was it hard for her to get on and off? That's always been the most awkward time for me with riders...

I'd say around 350 combined...I'm a big boy. I haven't touched the suspension since I bought it as the previous owner was not too much lighter than me then which was probably 20lbs ago. He said he set it up for close to his weight and its always worked fine for me solo. The rear definitely sagged but shes nearly 5'6" with decently long legs and had zero issue getting on or off

Passenger loading:

I leave it on the kickstand when backpack loads and unloads, she puts her left foot on the left peg, then swings the other leg over using me to stabilize herself...

she's 4'11 and my bike is pretty tall. We've only had one incident where she lost her footing and she fell.

Once she's loaded and ready, I stand up the bike, kickstand up, and away we go.

Passenger loading:

I leave it on the kickstand when backpack loads and unloads, she puts her left foot on the left peg, then swings the other leg over using me to stabilize herself...

she's 4'11 and my bike is pretty tall. We've only had one incident where she lost her footing and she fell.

Once she's loaded and ready, I stand up the bike, kickstand up, and away we go.

I do the same thing but I try to keep the bike up mostly myself because I do not like to put mine and her weight on the kickstand. I keep the stand down and on the ground but just try to keep the weight more on the tires and my feet than the stand.

I straddle the bike kickstand up. She puts her foot on the peg side she is standing. Holds onto my shoulders and stand up swinging her leg to the other peg.

I've never touched suspension and have never seen a reason to. It's really not difficult. A two up ride could be fun though.

she wanted to get out again last night. she did about 50 straights mile before we stopped at Bike Night for a quick break. I've created a monster because now all she wants to do is ride lol

she wanted to get out again last night. she did about 50 straights mile before we stopped at Bike Night for a quick break. I've created a monster because now all she wants to do is ride lol

When are we going riding?