Free to good home: 4 month old pittbull

04DayTri

I currently have a 4 month old full blooded female pittbull. She belonged to a co worker of my moms who couldn't keep her and was going to have to take her to a shelter if she wasn't gone today. I said I would take her until I found her a good home to avoid the shelter. She's very loving and well behaved around kids and other animals. My number is 740-602-0479 and currently in bowling green, Ohio if anyone wants to come by and see her or I can send pictures.

I forgot to add that she is up to date on all her shots. Just had her flea and tick medicine and comes with 2 more months of the medicine.

I would contact the various Pitt placement rescues in Ohio. I'd offer to help, but my city has a Pitt ban.

(although I am watching my friend's "shar pei mix" this weekend)

off topic....pics of shar pei mix? you can PM if you dont wanna clutter thread...i had a shar pei mix and not sure what it was mixed with, so id like to see if it looks like that one

In for pictures. I haven't had a dog for a while now but have recently started looking again, something like this might expedite the process. I would obviously have to check on a few things first though.

How is it possible that the breed is no longer considered vicious by the state but cities and apartments can still ban them?

My lease says, "Rottweilers, Chows, Pitt Bulls, and Doberman breeds of dogs are strictly prohibited. This applies to pure bred and mixed breed dogs that have similar physical and behavioral characteristics or lineage."

guess i was wrong about the ban on all "bully breeds", but i knew there was something in there about pits

let me know if you can't find it a home. please don't take it to the pound. the aspca put pit bulls down no matter what. they are a horrible place to take an animal.

I would seriously consider taking it off your hands so mine has a playmate.

seriously hands down the best dog I've ever owned. even the cop that lives across the sreet from me says so. lol he thinks the ban shit is just ignorant people being ignorant.

6872654287_e6434da837_z.jpg

My lease says, "Rottweilers, Chows, Pitt Bulls, and Doberman breeds of dogs are strictly prohibited. This applies to pure bred and mixed breed dogs that have similar physical and behavioral characteristics or lineage."

guess i was wrong about the ban on all "bully breeds", but i knew there was something in there about pits

my vet said to register my dog as an american bulldog to get around all the bs ban stuff. they're known for being super good with people. not much of a difference in looks 99.9% of people can't tell the difference. (registering your dog is also another pile of government bullshit to get your money) I never do it they can kiss my ass.

Edited by serpentracer

my vet said to register my dog as an american bulldog to get around all the bs ban stuff. they're known for being super good with people. not much of a difference in looks 99.9% of people can't tell the difference. (registering your dog is also another pile of government bullshit to get your money) I never do it they can kiss my ass.

dont think it would fly in my apartment....the little part about having "similar physical characteristics" would get me....that pretty much means they can reject any dog they want if they think it looks mean, and they require pictures of all pets to be on file (i have reptiles...i didnt mention them to my leasing office - but im not sure if reptiles count since they live in tanks lol)

dont think it would fly in my apartment....the little part about having "similar physical characteristics" would get me....that pretty much means they can reject any dog they want if they think it looks mean, and they require pictures of all pets to be on file (i have reptiles...i didnt mention them to my leasing office - but im not sure if reptiles count since they live in tanks lol)

sadly this is another case of people being ignorant. they're using the breed specific legislataion bullshit. it effects all kinds of breeds not just pitbulls. it should be outlawed in my opinion. pitbulls actually have a better passing score on the temperment tests than labs do.

http://atts.org/about-temperament/

you're not alone in this crap either. last time I heard dever colorado was actually taking people's pitbulls from them if they see it. :nono:

someone would get a bullet if they ever did that to mine.

videos like this choke me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_p-cF3Bhic

very good press for pitbulls with facts not fiction!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGairk18L8g&feature=related

Edited by serpentracer

I completely agree. No such thing as a "vicious" breed only dogs with bad owners. I grew up with Rottweilers and currently have an Akita German sheppard mix and have never had an issue with any dog my family has owned. But sadly I think the fact that she is a pitbull and they get a bad rap is what's stopping a lot of people who are interested.

My Rottweiler spent the day ignoring a pug puppy that was trying to eat his face off and a 3 and 5 year old who tackled him into the pool multiple times against his will. Yeah, he's vicious...

My buddy's 9 month old has also pulled herself up by grabbing his face. The bigger the dog, the less they have to prove. My only worry would be that he bumped into a kid and accidentally knocked them over.

Bans on any breed of dogs are bull shit. The breed gets a bad name because owners get them for certain reasons. Dobermans, rotts, and pits are always thought of being "aggressive" because of a lot of roles in movies, and they are common for fighting dogs. I have had people offer me a thousand dollars for my doberman's and straight tell me they are going to fight them. People are retarded.

The bad thing is, for years the top 5 dogs on the "vicious list" weren't any mentioned. Dalmation, Lab, and retrievers were higher on the list. I know that was the local list anyways. The city of Portsmouth, actually requested to have insurance on a dog that was considered vicious. They didn't go from a list but had a common known knowledge. They use to send insurance people out to decide if you needed to have a policy on your dog. If he wasn't "vicious" towards the adjuster, you didn't need insurance.

I personally think smaller breeds are more "vicious" than bigger breeds, but they don't give as big of a wound in an attack.