Plasti Dip'd my rims

TheBrown57

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a few cans waiting for the rims on my GTI. Just need to get around to doing it.

They look great on the Cadi. Good call.

I bought my cans a few weeks ago and finally decided to get it done lol

Does a tire changer rip off the coating?

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Possibly, but once those tires get changed out and the wheel weights get removed there's going to be a nice little spot there. Looks good now though, if it's that easy to redo it might not be a huge deal, but should have thought about moving the wheel weights before.

I did my roof, rims,mirrors,handles,grill,and bumpers in a textured bed liner...like LINE-X.

(pics)

I've seen that stuff used for quite a bit of stuff before. There's even a member on here with a Busa that's painted with bed liner stuff! (Danballa is his screenname)

I've had the wheels on my trailblazer dipped for almost a year now. If you take your time and do it right with plenty of coats you will not have any issues.

Here is a site that sells anything plastidip you can imagine.

I had one tire changed to replace a bad TPMS and it peeled a bit at the edge for about 2" but it's hardly noticeable.

You can easily do emblems and such too by just masking about 2" away from the badge, spray them, wait for it to dry, and peel the access. It wont peel the emblem due to the gap between the emblem and the panel. A microfiber towel with some detail spray will remove any over spray.

Edited by ross

Nice I might have to do this to the bike been wanting to get them re painted

I wouldn't do it on a bike due to how often you will change tires as compared to a vehicle going several thousand miles before a tire change is needed.